Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing 6 Sigma Black Belt for our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a permanent role.
Salary Range: £48,235.00 to £55,000.00 (Depending on Experience)
Relocation Support May be provided depending on circumstances
Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Travel: 25% required
Benefits: 25 Days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays
£7,000 Car Allowance
Pension Scheme (Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution up to
Share Scheme ( Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution)
Caterpillar Advantage Scheme ( Discount Website)
Annual Performance Increase
As a Purchasing 6 Sigma Black Belt at Caterpillar, you will have significant impact on Caterpillar's success while making Caterpillar a safer place to work, improve the company's ability to meet customer expectations, improve quality, reduce cycle times and increase profits. Your project management skills will provide you the opportunity to have significant impact on the success of 6 Sigma which will result in improvements in the company's ability to meet customer expectations, improve quality, reduce cycle times, reduce cost and increase profits.
As a Purchasing 6 Sigma BB within the EMEA Castings Purchasing Team, you will have direct responsibility for a variety of projects / improvement initiatives. These will be focussed around PQVC (People, Quality, Velocity, and Cost), relating to Supplier Strategy, resourcing initiatives, performance improvement programmes, and the identification of cost reduction opportunities with the supplier base and cross functional business unit teams.
The role will provide opportunities for leadership, teamwork, Stakeholder management at all levels within Caterpillar and the supply base, and deliver tangible benefits to the bottom line performance of Caterpillar.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Leading significantly complex projects to improve critical business processes that drive financial results including developing project plans and business cases
* Recruiting, training and leading project team members
* Leading projects where the subject focus and solutions are moderately complex in nature, availability, and attainability
* Identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members
* Integrating issues with other projects/processes and coordinating the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals, other business activities and business strategy
* Managing the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met
* Communicating progress of projects with appropriate leadership and teams
* Managing risk and ambiguity on a project while driving results through change
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business or an equivalent level of work experience
* Previous project management skills and team leadership skills are essential.
* Knowledge of other functions that provide inputs regularly, i.e., Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Accounting, Human Resources, and Operations.
* Must have the ability to learn and do statistical analysis and have good working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
* Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Prior supervisory experience preferred.
* An element of travel will be required within the role (project dependent) <25%
Closing date : this role closes 27/09/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.