Sitec has a requirement for an experienced Purchaser for our client within the aerospace industry. This is a 12 month contract and will be based in Filton, Bristol.
The successful candidate will set up Procurement activities of one or several products/packages/suppliers, secure the contractual framework of suppliers with the Company, and provide the best purchasing conditions for are client.
Required Skills for the Purchaser:
* Procurement experience essential, although applications from applicants with good business experience and knowledge of the Procurement process are also welcomed.
* Basic SAP Skills is mandatory.
* A CIPS qualification would be a plus.
* Good Finance knowledge is desirable.
* Project Management experience is desirable.
* Negotiation level English, both verbal and written, other languages would be an advantage.
Tasks and Responsibility's, the main tasks and responsibilities of the Purchaser will include:
* Leading negotiations of any topics in relation to the suppliers with a commercial impact.
* Building negotiation strategy for large complex negotiations, ensuring internal Airbus buy-in and leading the overall negotiation in front of the suppliers.
* Acting as an escalation support for the operations in relation to supplier non-performance (quality, delivery, engineering, costs.
* Ensure awareness and adherence of the Multi Functional Team (MFT) of the contractual obligations of both the Supplier and Airbus in relation to Suppliers/Contracts and within this frame ensure Airbus alignment in front of the supplier.
* Ensure accurate financial forecasts together with Financial Controlling in relation to financial risks and opportunities for the Suppliers/Contracts.
* Support the development of the supplier relationship via the SRM role including various coordination roles such as SED development.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.