Sitec has a requirement for a Purchase Order Analyst to work for our client Caterpillar. The role is based in Peterlee, is a contract position for an estimated 12 months initially.
The max rate of pay is up to £13.89 p/hr PAYE.
The Purchase Order Analyst will be responsible for the administration of the 'spot buy' requisition process, to include: Requesting quotes from suppliers ; Pricing up requisitions ; Processing requisitions ;Creation of Purchase Orders and forwarding to suppliers
Duties will include:
- Expediting internal customer Purchase Orders and resolving day to day customer queries.
- Resolving invoice queries relating to POD'S & Price, obtaining credit notes where relevant.
- Resolve delivery note queries relating to indirect consumable purchases.
- Filing and maintaining indirect purchasing records, eg, reqs, p/o's supplier set up details.
- Administration of the Peterlee vendor details system ie, setting up and amending supplier details in Peterlee systems.
The Purchasing Order Analyst would ideally have awareness of the following aspects of daily indirect purchasing activity :
- Fluids - knows where and who to contact for Oils, Gases, Diesel, Antifreeze, Leak Detection Dye.
- PPE - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor PPE consumables.
- Welding Wire & Consumables - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor welding items.
- Abrasives - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor abrasive consumables.
- Adhesives/Sealants - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor adhesive/sealant items.
- Laser/Robot consumables - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor laser/robot consumables.
- Shotblast - Aware of where and who to contact for steel shot for Start Work Centre
- Furmanite Borer & Heller machining centre - Aware where and who to contact for Furmanite and Heller machine spares.
- Lifting Equipment - Aware of where and who to contact for lifting equipment and is aware of the necessity for SWL plant no. tagging on all items.
- Equipment Hire - Aware of where and who to contact for all major items occasionally needing hire, eg heaters, fans, generators, cranes.
- Repairs to major equipment in shopfloor use - Aware of where and who to contact for repairs to air tools, fork trucks, ladders & weld platforms & air moving equip.
- Administrative background in Purchasing, Finance, or Manufacturing Operations preferred. Career advancement to a Buyer position will require a Bachelor's degree or a country specific equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, purchasing systems, and e-mail systems is preferred.
- Effective communicator (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style
- Familiar with basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.