Sitec has a requirement for a Prototype Rigging Technician for our client based in Peterborough. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay will be up to £14.10 p/hr PAYE.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Global Engine Development (GED-UK) based at the Perkins Engines site in Peterborough and is part of IPSD is dedicated to providing leadership in engine test and development solutions to Perkins Engines. We are currently seeking to recruit an Agency Rigging Technician to support our current programs, contributing toward continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel engines
The Prototype Rigging Technician will be working within the Prototype Department to carry out, a variety of fabrication and rigging work to support our engine program's to very tight deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROTOTYPE RIGGING TECHNICIAN:
The Technician will be responsible for rigging prototype engine for test cells, with instrumentation.
Maintenance of fitting of temperature/pressure sensors.
Working in a team of 6 other rigging technicians, will be supervised by rigging engineer on a day 2 day basis. This will involve:
* Working on own initiative as well as to engineers' instructions
* Design and fabrication of rigging parts using various welding techniques (predominantly stainless-steel pipework)
* Assist engineers in performing Needs Analysis, initiating ideas, evaluating and contributing to the design of new products and processes.
* Gain Knowledge and learn through experience and staying abreast of technology changes
* Practical application of technical skills, communications and building knowledge of Caterpillar's products.
* Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
* Adhere to company processes including Safety, Standard Work and Quality.
* Work in a safe manner at all times.
* Competent welding skills in TIG and MIG disciplines .
* Competent in all aspects of fabrication and fully conversant with engineering drawings.
* Good PC skills - office suite.
* Self-motivated with good team working skills
* Apprenticeship served in Welding / fabrication City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3.
* Will be required to do a TIG welding test on site.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.