Sitec have an exciting opportunity for a Prototype Inspection Technician for our client - Perkins Engines.
This role is a contract position for 12 months and will be based at their site in Peterborough.3
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Global Engine Development (GED-UK) based at the Perkins Engines site in Peterborough and part of Caterpillar Product Development Centre of Excellence (PDCOE) is dedicated to providing leadership in engine test and development solutions to Perkins Engines. We are currently seeking to recruit a contract Inspection Technician to support our current programs, contributing toward continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel engines
- The successful candidate will be working within the Research & Development Department and will carry out, a variety of Inspection functions to support our new engine programs to very tight deadlines.
- This will involve reading and interpreting engineering drawings and engineers instructions and then using a variety of Inspection tools / machines to check parts as requested by the customer.
- You will also need to adhere to company processes including Safety, Standard Work and Quality.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office, PDF, emails,
- Previous experience in writing CMM measurement programs (preferably using PC DMIS software)
- Knowledge of the components of surface topography
- Ability to maintain and update records as required
Applicants must be self-motivated with good team working skills and be willing to work shifts if required. Initiative, problem solving and positive attitude to change are also essential.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- Previous Inspection / Measuring Room experience
- Apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Metrology or equivalent qualifications
- Safe Working
- Team success
- Initiating action
- Customer Focus
- Work standards
- Quality orientation
- Good housekeeping
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.