Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Propulsion Test Engineer to join our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months and has a pay rate of £25p/hr Ltd plus a generous shift uplift when on launch campaigns.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs Testing and Launch support of Propulsion Systems and components from preparation of equipment and documentation, testing and recording of data to reporting. Working on multiple projects and often offsite
* Perform test & launch services activities to strict quality and technical requirements.
* Organise equipment logistics to provide support to specific projects as required.
* Provide support to other projects as required when not required for their specific project
* Support RDWR's
* Produce and implement process improvements within the department
* Support the writing of documentation required for test phases, including: Technical Notes, Test procedures and Test Reports
* Provide feedback to process owners to ensure test methods are consistent.
* Support Lessons Learned exercises
* Working as part of a small, specialist team within a multi-disciplined project department.
* Manufacture, maintain and operate ground support equipment specific to the requirements of the propulsion system.
* A background in an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
* Some level of mechanical skills and relevant experience.
* Able to work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required.
* Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Good time management.
* Must be prepared to travel abroad frequently and occasionally for extended periods (4-6 weeks).
* Demonstrate strong team player trait
* Must be able to read, understand and follow Engineering drawings and schematics.
* PC literacy (Microsoft Office and other popular PC based applications).
* Experience using hand tools and some mechanical practical experience
* Writing reports and technical documents
* Comfortable working with high pressure gases and hazardous substances
* A dynamic, enthusiastic and committed individual with demonstrated experience of working under pressure to tight schedule requirements.
* Previous experience of operating high pressure inert gas systems
* Relevant experience of Satellite Propulsion test & Launch Services
* Experience of a mechanical engineering/Aerospace environment is beneficial
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
* An Engineering biased Degree
Day shifts on site - various shifts on launch campaign
Overseas launch campaigns for several weeks at a time several times a year
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.