Sitec are currently looking for a Propulsion Test Engineer to join our client Airbus on a permanent basis. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual to build their skills sets and grow within a world leading company.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Testing (MAIT) is the backbone of the creation and delivery of our Space and Military products throughout the World. We manufacture our own parts onsite with revolutionary technology and expertise gathered over years of creating industry leading products. We assemble our parts together with other parts that have been sourced from industry leading providers of the best technical hardware available. We integrate our systems onto our space and military craft and make sure that everything is ready for launch. We test everything (sometimes to breaking point) to make sure that once it leaves the Earth atmosphere it is the best possible product we can create, it will withstand any possible variable and temperature as well as be reliable for as long as the satellite is in operation… sometimes longer than 15 years!
Propulsion Test Engineer Role description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage as a Propulsion Test Engineer.
As a Propulsion Test Engineer you will be responsible for performing test and launch site services on spacecraft components, ground support equipment and full satellite propulsion systems for multiple projects including Telecoms and ENS projects using high pressure gases. You will also be a key member in Launch site services include the use of hazardous chemicals.
You will need to orchestrate and deliver the preparation of test and launch services documentation and also of the recording of test data.
* You will be responsible and accountable for carrying out all aspects of Propulsion Test and Launch Services within stated Cost- Schedule and Quality requirements.
* You will need to formulate and up-issue propulsion test and launch services engineering procedures under the guidance of a Propulsion Test Team leader.
* You will be required to prepare items of ground support equipment for test and launch campaigns at site.
* You will also be responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality standards at all times
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR JOB
* A sound knowledge and understanding of Propulsion systems and components is preferred
* Both CPS and PPS test and system knowledge is desirable.
* A good knowledge and understanding of Mechanical and Pneumatic systems, and some basic Electrical Engineering
* Engineering based HNC/HND or equivalent plus relevant experience.
* Relevant experience of Satellite Propulsion test and Launch operations is desirable, but not essential.
* Previous experience of operating high pressure inert gas systems is desirable.
* Must be able to read, understand and follow Engineering drawings and schematics.
* Must be prepared to travel abroad frequently at short notice, and occasionally for extended periods (4-6 weeks).
* Be adequately fit to use breathing apparatus.
* Must be proactive and demonstrate strong team player characteristics.
* Must be experienced in the use of hand tools.
* Understand and promote the notion of quality at all times.
* PC literacy (Microsoft Office and other popular PC based applications).
* Good communication skills at all levels.
* Must have the desire to learn and use new skills.
* A dynamic, enthusiastic and committed individual with demonstrated experience of working under pressure to tight schedule requirements.
* Positive can do attitude.
* Be prepared to work overtime and support shift work when required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.