Sitec has a requirement for a Project Controls Manager for our client in Plymouth. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months - however - our client may also consider candidates on a permanent basis.
Should a permanent position be offered, the salary would be between £42,000 to £59,000.00 (Dependent on experience)
The Projects Controls Manager will provide the Project Manager with accurate and effective Project Controls data of all the areas under their direction and to manage and supervise the relevant cost, planning and risk resources and facilitate the timely provision of summary reports as required.
This role is within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group. The Marine Sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
We continue to demonstrate our support for diversity in engineering by growing our relationships with universities and schools to encourage young people to take up science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) internationally and we are proud to be official partners of the UK Government's 2018 Year of Engineering campaign.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
* To ensure that the Cost Management, Risk Management & Planning requirements are carried out in a timely and proficient manner
* To generate estimates for formal submission as part of business cases in tendering for new work
* To ensure that budgets are in place and that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented
* To establish and maintain the agreed Project estimate in line with the generated work breakdown structure, scope of work and approved change
* To formulate, review and agree cost baselines, control budgets and forecasts
* To establish value of work done, cost to date and work in progress in conjunction with subcontractors, partners and others
* To manage cost variation identification, estimation, mitigation and resolution
* To establish and maintain an earned value management system
* To appraise management of major unmitigatable cost implications
* To approve and review subcontractor, partner and other payments
* To produce periodic reports in supporting project, commercial, finance and board requirements
* To implement the suite of project control management arrangements
* To ensure limits of delegated financial authority are in place
* To ensure a fully integrated schedule is in place that meets the business objectives
* To identify and manage areas that represent significant risk through proactive measures of risk management, assessment, CRA, TRA and mitigation
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* 7 years demonstrable experience in the field of project controls and/or project management in an appropriate sector (nuclear, process engineering, oil & gas or civil engineering).
* 3 years supervisory/managerial experience in project controls environment
HNC level qualification / NVQ Level 4 Project Controls or similar.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.