Sitec is urgently seeking a Project Support Coordinator (construction) for our prestigious client based in Macclesfield. This is a permanent position paying up to £24,000 (dependent upon your experience).
The role, within the Project Support Team (PST), would include:
- The provision of critical technical support to both the local and global projects departments in identifying and delivery of all drawing and documentation requirements within a "built" environment.
- This role would suit either someone with a background working in a construction projects environment or someone with a related degree in Architectural design / construction etc.
Training and mentoring will be given where needed, however being able to manage workloads, prioritise and communicate with people at all levels is essential.
In the initial stages the vast majority of the task would be AutoCAD usage, therefore it is essential you will be able to join the team able to immediately get to work with AutoCAD.
The additional responsibilities and duties can be learnt with in-house coaching and support as necessary
Working within an existing large commercial facility with ongoing construction, maintenance and refurbishment projects the Project Support Co-ordinator will be involved with:
- Register new or update existing AutoCAD drawings
- Liaising with Project Managers, maintenance teams, users and contract companies
- Ensure key project dates are met
- Adhere to the correct processes/standards and utilize in-house systems to ensure that the Drawings are updated and maintained in the most efficient manner
Additional duties will include:
- Assist other team members with their workloads to meet targets
- Monitor and report progress of workload
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Understand the Suppliers and Customers business processes
- Ensure Policies and Procedures are followed
- Support continued new and improved ways of working
- Proven experience and proficiency in AutoCAD 2009-2013, working to industry standards for a minimum of 2 years or have a related degree in Architectural design / construction etc.
- Good familiarity with MS Word & MS Excel
- Use of databases
- Basic / practical knowledge of construction, maintenance and refurbishment
- Basic understanding of health and safety principles
- Basic understanding of Project design / management
- Basic engineering knowledge
- Time management / planning
- Good communication skills
Note. This opportunity would ideally suit a local candidate
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.