Duration: 6 Months
Project Planning Engineer
Sitec, a Belcan company, have an interesting requirement for a Project Planning Engineer on-site at Devonport in Plymouth. The estimated duration is 6 months +.
The successful candidate will need a background that will enable Security Clearance to be obtained.
Project Planning Engineer, principal tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Create baseline schedule programmes using data from the facility requirement and ensure that the correct level of logic is incorporated to support the Programme/Project Managers requirement.
- Maintain project programmes & WBS tasking within Primavera P6.
- Apply the ES Project Structure to all programmes incorporating logic & coding as required to deliver programme outputs.
- Facilitate meetings with TA Heads of Department and Design and Safety Teams to actively collect progress information and updates of Primavera P6 work schedules.
- Carry out the weekly upload of hours into Primavera P6, with specific accountability for capturing of all hours against each project, including unassigned hours, erroneous bookings and missing time sheets, and ensuring the Primavera P6 interface with PEPs is accurate, thus facilitating resource planning at person level.
- Maintain the Primavera P6 interfaces with other facility programmes.
- Develop and update as necessary individual network programmes/deadline dates /plans to meet facility requirements in conjunction with Heads of Department (HOD), project leads & Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- The programmes developed are required to meet facility project objectives as far as reasonably practicable.
- Carry out Periodic update of programmes to identifying deviations from Baseline and recommend corrective actions where necessary to resource managers.
- Validate new requirements /task sheets against the budget, and where necessary use the latest information to advise on available resource.
- Generate Cost Account Codes, prior to loading data in Primavera P6 & PEPs.
- Apply earned value and schedule performance reporting to the programmes and validate provider inputs to periodic progress reports.
- Maintain/develop VBA code to deliver requirements from functions not available in the Babcock application suite.
- Provide the TA Manager/HoDs/Project Managers with routine and ad-hoc detailed reports /resource loading graphs /expenditure reports /sub-contract status information /gantt charts /activity tables and progress reports, including maintenance of reports and relevant coding (VB, SQL etc) if required.
- Assign resource as directed by HoDs and generate Resource Loading Profiles to confirm resource availability.
- Provide progress/cost reports for each base lined project, to HODs for inclusion in the monthly Performance review.
- Provide a cost collection service for all project and overhead work within ES TA providing utilisation factor reports for Heads of Department.
- Closely liaise with the Planning Manager and Stakeholders to continuously improve the project planning tools and deliverables within the ES TA.
- Manage a small team of Planners/Administrators/Cost Engineers when project requirements arise.
- Assist the TA Manager/Planning Manager in compiling ES TA budgets for the forthcoming year.
- Review ES TA budgets with HoDs and DAs to ensure requirements for the forthcoming year meet the facility's needs.
- Load ES TA tasks into PEPs for forthcoming year and ensure all tasks are enabled and staff properly assigned to the correct work-groups.
- Ensure all ES TA incorrect PEPs bookings are properly journalled to the correct codes.
- To promote and represent the Babcock in a professional and responsible manner, deputising for other Planning Manager when necessary
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering subject
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.