Sitec are currently looking to recruit Project Planner for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment
- To support delivery of the complete planning capability within the business by maintaining the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Supporting the Task Manager with business rhythms, schedule integrity, network analysis, Earned Value and communications with the programme and business teams.
- Develop and maintain EVM compliant IMS in accordance with functional procedures and guidelines.
- Validate and verify schedule data provided by suppliers (internal and external to the client) prior to appropriate incorporation within IMS.
- Provide planning input to project throughout the project lifecycle at the appropriate level.
- Support the Senior Planner with emergent projects as directed by Business Management Manager.
- Creation of the Work breakdown structure, Resource loading, Project level IMS (Integrated MasterSchedule), and Project-specific basis of scheduling documents.
- Input into the month-end process including Updating schedule progress. (EV percentage complete), Undertaking schedule forecasting, Updating milestone status and critical path analysis,
- Providing Planning input to Investment approval and Change Control process, Risk and Opportunity process, and Peer reviews.
- Production of Planning and EV deliverables in accordance with the appropriate procedures and guidelines.
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
- Good IT skills especially in Microsoft Office and scheduling skills in a gantt chart environment such as P6, MS Project, Asta etc.
- Would consider alternative experience by exception if other skills were of exceptional standard.
- Equivalent experience is stated as an alternative to qualifications
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.