Sitec are currently looking to recruit a 2 Project Managers for a nuclear fuel manufacturing plant in Lancashire. The posts are an estimated 12 month contracts and are paying competitively from £380.00 to £500.00 per day on a Ltd basis.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Responsible for the successful delivery of project related work including the establishment of project execution strategies; management of cross-functional project teams, and the safe and secure delivery of project s through the project life cycle, to time, cost and quality to achieve customer satisfaction.
* Maximise performance against internal & customer KPIs.
* Manage the interface with customers with respect to matters relating to potential new work opportunities, and the delivery of contracted work, ensuring that there are agreed communications and reporting methodologies in place.
* Engagement and management of a competent, effective and integrated Project Team, including management oversight , motivation and monitoring of the team's performance; quality assurance; and addressing areas of under-performance.
* Inputting into the bid / sales process (for new work) as required, and assisting (when requested) in the preparation and coordination of fee proposals and submissions.
* Provision of leadership; coaching, and support to other project team members as required.
* Management of the Client Satisfaction Survey (CSS) process (via the Customer Experience group); managing feedback and action to; and sharing and implementation of learning from experience (LFE).
* Delivery of projects in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals, and objectives compliant with all relevant Client, regulatory and legal assurance requirements.
* Development; maintenance, and management of Project Execution Procedures, and control documentation in line with the 'PMA project delivery framework' to ensure that all work is delivered within approved project baseline; scope; cost; schedule, and quality constraints, and in a safe manner.
* Ensure adequate Health Safety & Security (HS&S) supervision is in place at all times in all locations where work is being carried out, and that Nuclear Safety is not compromised.
* Preparation of relevant 'health and safety' related documentation for projects, and promote a health & safety aware culture.
* Establishment of clear and robust communications and meeting strategies to ensure effective communication across the project team and key stakeholders; implementing regular reviews and controls to monitor project progress
* Provision of accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance, both in terms of work activity and financial performance
* Ensures that change control processes and procedures are fully understood by all parties, including customers, and are rigorously enforced as required throughout the project delivery lifecycle
* Ensuring that financial performance is managed to achieve maximum revenue and profitability of the project
* Ensuring robust risk management protocols are in place to effectively managed and mitigate project risks to secure the project baseline costs and schedules; creation and maintenance of risk / RAIDS schedules; and the escalation of risks where appropriate.
* Application of knowledge of all aspects of a project (engineering, procurement, quality control, etc.) to oversee the successful execution of the project plan
Knowledge & Experience
* Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APM, IPMA Level D) or working towards.
* 3+ years' experience in a Project Management / delivery role (ideally as an Assistant Project Manager)
* Demonstrable track record of successfully leading and delivering small-medium scale / reasonably complex projects
* Experience of using typical project management tools, processes & software.
* Nuclear experience essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.