Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager with operations experience to look after two teams for a civil nuclear site on the Kent coast. The post is an estimated 12 months contract, based on a 37 hour week (9.25 hours per day over 4 days) and is paying competitively up to £350.00 per day on an umbrella or PAYE basis only (Inside IR35).
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
To manage, deliver and control projects to time, cost and quality:
* Projects typically below £5M;
* A phase or work packages of any project under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager;
* Projects as a development opportunity under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager.
* To take personal responsibility for the consistent application of company projects practices and for implementing lessons learned from others.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery on a project to time, cost and quality ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
* Prepare and present at Validation and Sanction panels.
* Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team ensuring the availability to specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.).
* Produce the Project Execution Plan, calling on specialist resources in both the preparation stages and throughout the life of the plan.
* Manage risk in accordance with the Risk and Opportunity Management process.
* Forecast contingency required and to draw down as appropriate.
* Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
* Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the Project Health, Safety and Environment Management process.
* Approve all project documents to be issued outside of the Company.
* Manage interfaces with other projects as appropriate.
* Manage significant stakeholder issues or interfaces (internal or external), multiple external suppliers, and significant contract management issues.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake core competence roles as required.
* As an effective Manager/Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Loss Control, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* Educated to HNC/D or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* CITB Construction Site Manager's Safety Certificate
* APM Practitioner Qualification or equivalent and willingness to obtain within APM Practitioner within 1 year of appointment
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
* Project delivery experience within a relevant environment demonstrating an understanding of how costs can be reduced and safe quality outputs maximised within a scope of work.
* Experience of delivering projects in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Nuclear, Rail etc).
* Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management) demonstrating influencing and organisational awareness skills.
* Experience of working in and adhering to a highly HSE regulated environment the Health and Safety Legislation which impacts on the responsibilities of the post.
* Sufficient knowledge to comprehend, analyse and produce solutions to the range of problems encountered in the Project field.
* Commitment to continuously improve and a pro-active contribution to successful improvement changes.
* Able to work flexible hours/days with some flexibility to work on occasion to support delivery at other locations
* Understanding forms of contract (NEC3 / ECC)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.