Sitec has a requirement for a Project Lead - Facilities Management, reporting to the Technology Programme Manager.
This is a contract position and will be based at our client's premises in North East Bristol.
Our client is a State of the Art Research facility, providing manufacturing facilities on an industrial scale, to develop new technologies for the design and manufacture of high-quality Composite materials. The combination of academic and business strengths aid the progress from laboratory to design to factory and into products.
The client is undergoing a significant acquisition programme which will see them undertake 10 new technologies to the value of £37m over the next 12-18 months. In doing so, they are presented with difficulties to manage bringing this new equipment into the building, getting it properly installed and operating, all the while dealing with myriad challenges around health and safety, completing the programme to time and cost, and ensuring that the building stays well-functioning throughout for staff and customers.
The Facilities Modification element of the programme consist a variety of projects that involve adapting the building to account for the new equipment coming in. These include plant and equipment relocation, work planning, dealing with customers and contractors, and making changes to the building itself.
We are seeking a Project Lead to undertake work packages within the FAC MOD programme. The PL is accountable for project management of facility modification work packages and plant & equipment relocation projects. He / She must ensure that these projects are delivered to time, cost and quality while meeting stakeholder expectations in terms of project deliverable.
We are looking for a strong project manager, with a proven record of delivering complex facilities projects effectively. Experience of managing construction projects and building modifications will make a candidate particularly suitable, an understanding of engineering principles advantageous. We expect the candidate to have a good knowledge of health and safety considerations, the ability to manage challenging stakeholders, and a positive attitude to solving problems.
The project lead (PL) has the responsibility for Project Management of Facility modification work packages and plant & equipment relocation projects.
The PL must ensure that these projects are delivered to time, cost and quality whilst meeting the stakeholder's expectations in terms of project deliverable.
* To understand project needs, prepare plans and deliver to cost/time/quality
* Work with customers and internal stakeholders as needed
* Ensure resources are gathered to deliver projects effectively
* Report on activity and plans/business cases to programme team members
* Create Room Data Sheets and Capability Data Sheets to customer/stakeholder specification
* Manage facility approval process
* Work alongside procurement, design and programmes teams
Budgets, Procurement, Supplier & Stakeholder Engagement
* Compile Room Data Sheets (RDS), Capability Data Sheets (CDS) and relevant specifications by liaising with the relevant customers and stakeholders
* Manage the facility approval process for RDS, CDS, layouts and specifications within the facility modification projects
* Support the planning, allocating, spend of the Facility Modification budget, analysing spend, and reducing it as possible
* Support the design team in early engagement of suppliers capable of supporting the design and cost planning process
* Support the Programme team throughout the project with cost estimating, insight and analysis
* Supporting procurement processes to obtain quotations, tenders & bids
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
* Understanding and experience of using Project Management processes
* High level of competency in MS Office; Excel and Project
* Experienced administrative professional, highly organised with discretion and a positive attitude
* Experience specifying and managing constructions works and or building modifications
* Local construction experience
* Health & Safety and Facilities experience
* Ability to prioritise and work with competing deadlines
* Flexible approach to workload
* Problem solving skills
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* High level of attention to detail
* Ability to build relationships at all levels with external and internal stakeholders
* Has the ability to influence others to ensure tasks are completed on time
This Job Description is not exclusive or exhaustive, you may be required to undertake other responsibilities or activities, as requested by your line manager, to support your team or wider client activities.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.