Sitec has a requirement for a Project Manager for our client Caterpillar/ Perkins in Irlam.
This is a contract position for an initial 12 months and the max rate of pay is up to £32.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Perkins has been part of Caterpillar since the 1990's, creating the world's largest diesel engine manufacturer - and putting the seal on their role as a global company at the forefront of engineering technology.
Perkins Irlam, working alongside their parts centre in Singapore, deals with orders and 850,000 lines a year, making sure that customers worldwide get the right part, to the latest specification, as quickly as possible.
The European Global Management Team is a dynamic team within the Caterpillar Enterprise currently supporting 50+ projects both internally and with external partners. The team consists of project planning professionals and project managers.
The team has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team working within a fast-paced environment, co-located in either the Peterborough or Irlam offices.
JOB PURPOSE/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager will lead the allocated project(s) to ensure the projects are delivered on time, to cost and quality. The successful candidate will develop relationships with the key team members in order to motivate and drive the project forward.
You will be responsible for ensuring timely reports are produced to communicate project progress and potential issues to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Management and accountability for assigned project / portfolio of projects
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Providing regular stakeholder reporting
- Proven risk management experience
- Working with all partners to monitor progress, to ensure project delivered in a timely manner on budget.
- Collaboration at business meetings with partners
- Resource management - Provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed resource-loaded project schedules
- Management of project/programme budgets
- Escalation of potential issues to Senior stakeholders and adoption of their guidance
- Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking.
- Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management. Experience in creation & maintenance of multi-disciplinary project plans is essential.
- Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams.
- Mentor/coach the project leaders in project management, and address any issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management if appropriate.
- Requires ability to learn Caterpillar project accounting systems and produce project-related financial reports.
- This position requires a four year college or university degree or equivalent experience within the project management field
- 6 to 12 years of job-related experience in project management
- Must have very strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills
- Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is highly desired.
- Previous experience directing the work of others is highly desirable.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience essential) MS Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools. Will also require knowledge of other software tools such as project accounting systems.
- Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs).
- Knowledge of AGILE based approach to Project Management duties is highly desirable
- Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers is highly desirable
- Previous experience working with Innovate UK & ETI would be desirable but not essential
- Prince 2/PMP or equivalent qualification is highly desired
There is potential flexibility for the right candidate, to work at the facility in Irlam OR Peterborough
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.