Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Project Manager for our client based in Broughton.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months; the max rate is up to £30 per hr LTD.
The PM Business Partner in the Local Programme Team (LPT) Single Aisle Broughton reports directly to the Head of PM Business Partner LPT SA Broughton. They will support the LPT SA Broughton team in all aspects of professional project management to achieve time, cost and performance objectives.
Skills and experiences required as Project Manager:
- Work package management & ToW management
- Ramp-up, Planning & Capex
- Change Control & MOD implementation
- RC & Business Performance
The following tasks and responsibilities are part of the position of Project Manager:
- Ensure LPT projects are supported with a strong Project Management Expertise and appropriate Project & Programme Management practices are applied. Areas of involvement will be within the complete scope of the LPT meaning: Business performance, RC/RP, Risk Management, Inflow Management, Quality, and Schedule Management for tactical plans and recovery
- For each supported project (projects on Business Performance, Recurring Cost/Price, Supply Chain, Ramp-Up, Recovery, Quality, etc.):
A. Project Plans: Responsible to establish and end to end project plan and control all changes versus the initial plans.
B. Stakeholder Management: Ensure the project is aligned with interfacing projects and operations.
C. Project Structuring/WBS Definition/Governance: Ensure the definition and set-up of a Work
Breakdown Structure. Ensuring the definition of a governance model to control project progress and performance. Analyses of collected information to anticipate deviations from targets and proposals of preventive and corrective actions to support proper decision making at project level.
D. Scheduling, Earned Value Management: identification and tracking of critical paths. Tracking progress versus planning. Implementing schedule changes. Managing the schedule margin/float. Proposing changes in work flow to mitigate delays and risks as well as to implement opportunities. Definition of milestones for tracking including Key Performance indicators for milestones achievement. Performing milestones tracking in terms of milestones achievement and shifts. Assessment of progress (per milestones tracking). Jointly with Finance comparison of cost incurred and time spent for progress achievement versus planning.
E. Risk and Opportunity Management (R&OM): Responsibility for implementing the R&OM process in line with existing Risk Management framework. Ownership of risk and opportunities register, providing the Project Leader & A320 Family Risk Officer with risk and opportunity status.
F. Reporting: Preparation of reports as required. Defining and delivering relevant KPls & dashboards managing follow-up and reporting. Contributing to phase reviews with reports on schedule, global performance and risks and opportunities. Preparing and supporting project management reviews (PRM, Operational meetings etc.).
G. Digitalization: Implementation of Digital Control Room (DCR) functionalities within the LPT. Working with PALANTIR tools to create the required data analyses. Automatic reporting, KPI generation, and planning. Using professional PM software tools to increase transparency, speed-up manual operations, support faster and better decisions (e.g. UP3P, RELY, DCR, PALANTIR)
As the successful candidate, you are able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Project Management, Business administration or other
- Experience in Programmes and Project Management
- Experiences in Aircraft production / Aircraft engineering
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills and assertiveness
- Negotiation level in English
PM certification or equal qualifications are highly welcome.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.