Sitec has a requirement for a Project Manager for our client based in Filton, Bristol. This is a contract position for an estimated 14 months.
A position has been created for a Project Management Business Partner (PMBP) within A350 UK Development Project Management team. This is a great opportunity to join the A350 program development organisation which has a dynamic future and is a key player for Airbus.
The holder of the position will gain extensive exposure & benefit from working within a transnational team and also within a cross-functional environment including program, engineering, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, procurement, finance etc.
* Working in the A350 Wing dev. Program PDT this role will assist the project development to completion of the A350 step modifications.
* The jobholder works in close collaboration with the Project Leader(s) from BK with regards to Project Management activities & governance with the aim to enable a proper monitoring and steering of the project. Integration is a fundamental part of this role to bind projects together and good stakeholder management skills are essential.
* The jobholder will be responsible for planning integration, helping set project priorities, providing analysis and having a robust risk & opportunities process in place.
* The jobholder will be expected to support complex projects, lead and integrate activities.
* The jobholder reports directly to the Ho BXKDW
* Support of the A350 UK development activities within the development perimeter, in close collaboration with the Project Leader from BK.
* Support and implementation of governance including, meeting structure, project monitoring system including relevant KPI and action tracking.
* Support to the project leader regarding coordination of activities, schedule control performance monitoring and Risk management
* Support for the implementation of automated cockpits (dashboards) following the digital strategy for KPI reporting.
* Support frequent project monitoring with EVM process down to function level, and provision of according reports and analysis.
* Maintenance of a risk & ops process including formalization of risks in ARM incl. mitigation action planning and control. Participation to RRM (risk review meetings) and support of the Project Leader regarding management of the R&O process.
* Support the baseline control process of cost and schedule
* Support cross functional & trans-national integration by structuring and consolidating outputs of the above for monitoring and control.
* Conduct Lessons Learnt activity and ensure integration into underlying processes
Ideally looking for an enthusiastic individual with reasonable amount of intelligence. Ideally, candidates would come from an engineering development environment. The role is looking at modifications and changing bits of aircraft.
The Project Manager will need to have a PM background but an Agile background would be advantageous but not essential.
Competencies, skills and qualifications
* Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Economics or equivalent
* Excellent knowledge and good work experience in project management is mandatory
* An Airbus project management certificate or PMI certificate; target BRONZE certified
* Good knowledge of the Airbus risk management processes
* Knowledge of aircraft structure and the respective development processes would be a plus
* Good communication and negotiation skills are required
* Good ability to work autonomously in international teams in a demanding and fast-changing environment
* A flexible, pragmatic and analytical style of working is necessary
* Good stakeholder management: listening, negotiation, conflict management, communication and intercultural skills in an international context
* Language skills: English (fluent)
* Must have a strong level of understanding of excel and must be able to manipulate and use spreadsheets comfortably.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.