Sitec has a requirement for a Project Manager for our client based in Brize Norton, Oxfordshire. The role is contract, for an initial 12 months.
To establish and lead various projects in the Continuous Improvement domain, ensuring best practice in programme planning and management, including risk and opportunity management, and encouraging innovation.
The role is based in our clients Support Centre at RAF Brize Norton, and particularly focuses on projects in support of A400M fleet operations. The Project Manager will be expected to work with a wide range of stakeholders and internal/ external customers, directly leading projects and injecting energy in a fast moving organisation whilst providing project support to internal teams.
Our client are looking for a Project Manager who is a skilled project leader with proven experience in delivering to time, cost and quality in a complex, matrix-orientated environment with a customer service mindset.
The successful candidate must have the ability to effectively and efficiently manage risks and opportunities.
The successful candidate must also be able to use a range of project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, and collaborative working tools such as SharePoint.
* Knowledge and practical experience of our clients Project, Programme & Portfolio standards, methods and tools (Highly Desirable)
* A confident and articulate communicator, able to positively engage at all levels, particularly with business teams and other project managers.
* Fluent in written and spoken English, including fluency in communication using technical vocabulary
* Ability to work effectively within a multinational environment
* Ability to work efficiently and under pressure in a time sensitive environment
* Ability to understand and interpret stakeholder expectations and needs
* Ability to develop strategies and to plan, including ability to assimilate different facts and opinions. In determining innovative solutions to satisfy a wide range of stakeholders.
* Preferably educated to degree standard in a relevant subject
* Recognized Project Management qualification (e.g. as a PRINCE 2 Practitioner or equivalent, or with our clients PPM certification) or relevant experience, would be an advantage - Recognized Risk Management qualification and/ or training would also be an advantage
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.