Sitec is pleased to be offering the role of Project Manager for our client based in Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months initially.
This role is within the Marine Sector to support the development of the clients infrastructure in providing their marine and engineering services to defence and civil customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of the Project Manager is to lead and deliver a substantive project having full responsibility for delivery to time, cost and quality. This will include the likes of the following;
* To ensure that the project definition and scope will satisfy the customer requirement.
* Development of Plans, schedules and control of work information for defined packages, integrating with the wider project(s).
* To develop, monitor, forecast and report against the baseline schedule and estimate.
* Manage customer interfaces and stakeholder management.
* Ensure the project is planned and managed in a safe and appropriate manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have;
* Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical or electrical systems / services in nuclear or conventional markets.
* Roles available cover delivery of major structures, services, buildings and supporting enabling projects.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a project management.
* Proven experience with managing teams to successful outcomes.
* Have experience at managing significant multi millions pound budgets.
The candidate must be degree qualified in an engineering related discipline, and hold chartered status with a relevant accredited body and will ideally hold APM (or equivalent) qualification.
It will be desirable to hold a further post graduate qualification e.g. MBA.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.