Sitec are currently recruiting 2 Project Engineers to work for our client based in Leicester, the duration is estimated to be 12 months. This is a contract role with excellent hourly rates dependant on experience.
To provide Project Management governance and control skills within the framework of an approved management system to deliver projects of medium to low complexity and risk to cost, on time and QEH&S targets, maintaining gross margins and achieving customer satisfaction through the deployment of project teams and effective team working.
* Delivery of medium to low complexity projects to time, cost and QEH&S targets in compliance with the clients Nuclear Management System or an agreed Joint Venture/Partnership Management System
* Establishment of a vision and proactive management to positively direct a team in the achievement of common goals
* Provides leadership, management and governance to ensure the project meets specified requirements
* Working with commercial representatives ensuring that all component projects and work packages satisfy all businesses commercial requirements
* To lead by example and champion the client principles and to foster and encourage a safety first working culture
* To support and promote the principles, processes and culture that underpin company accreditation for IAMM and ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001
* Responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members
* Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the project delivery cycle
* Strategic customer and stakeholder management externally and internally within the business consistent with the overall strategy of the business and delivery of component programmes and projects
* Defines delivery programme baselines and operates project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control)
* Ensures that project objectives are aligned with overall organisational objectives
* Manages the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigates mitigation measures or other appropriate actions
* Supports negotiations and the raising of project funding internally compliant with the clients Nuclear Support Services Directorate and sanction processes and the application of effective financial management.
* Provides governance to ensure that the organisations projects are aligned with the company objectives, processes and procedures
* The Establishment and control of estimating, planning and design resource to enable cost estimate production and approval in compliance with the Clients Nuclear ''Win Business'' and Financial Processes
* Through stakeholder analysis effectively identify stakeholders, their potential impact on successful delivery and proactively works to prevent adverse impacts on delivery through management of their expectations
* Delivery of a project within a contractual framework operating with processes to ensure legal and contractual compliance in conjunction with the responsible Commercial Manager
* Assist the Business Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities
* Provision of project performance data (i.e. critical path analysis, float erosion, milestones, CPI, SPI and EVA ) to the Client's Nuclear Account Management team on a monthly basis
* The identification of development opportunities and training for direct reportees and team members
* Management of staff related issues in accordance with Client's HR policy, processes and procedures
* Motivate and manage team performance and carry out staff appraisal's in line with company policy, process and procedure
* Continually strive to develop and improve the Client's Management System comprising the Project Management Process to meet the business challenges
* To develop knowledge of "best practice techniques" as outlined within, the APM " Body of Knowledge?, and the Nuclear National Skills Academy competence framework
* Deputise for the Senior Project Manager as required
Qualifications & Experience:
Role Qualifications & Requirements:
The successful applicant should have one or more of the following:
* Degree or equivalent in science or engineering related subject
* Chartered Engineer with a recognised Engineering Institution preferred
* Association of Project Management (APM) Full member or equivalent; Project Management Institute (PMI); qualification APMP or Certified Associate in Project Management
* Business qualification valued; Member of the Institute of Management or equivalent
* ISOH Managing Safely; higher safety qualifications for site based work CITB Site Management Safety Training or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* Environmental Training preferred; Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) Foundation Course or Associate Certificate or NEBOSH Environmental certificate
Location: The base location for this role will be Leicester, however there will be frequent travel and commitment to travel other sites.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.