Sitec has a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join our expanding on-site UK team for a major and prestigious scientific and pharmaceutical giant based in Cambridge. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for a long term future with a well-established company.
This is a permanent position based in Cambridge for a Project Manager, salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Project Manager Key Accountabilities:
* Manage, lead & deliver own portfolio of projects from inception to completion within the ISO9001 accredited project process. These projects are predominantly multi-disciplined and will have a complex relationship between the functions, local customers, other project Stakeholders and Sponsors to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and project delivery that satisfies internal performance targets.
* Develop & agree the project scope with the client ensuring that the right project is identified through constructive challenge.
* Perform legal duties of CDM Principal Designer (as defined in CDM 2015 regulations) on notifiable projects and ensure CDM compliance on non-notifiable projects.
* Development of project / purchasing strategies.
* Translate the scope into work packages & be responsible for multi functional teams in developing solutions to meet the agreed project scope.
* Accountable for production of estimates & schedules for multi-functional work packages and manage these against agreed targets by providing accurate budget forecasts, whilst applying appropriate commercial management procedures.
* Manage interfaces with other members of the project team & key stakeholders.
* Provide guidance and direction to assure attainment of project objectives.
* Manage project resource including construction & external suppliers to deliver own portfolio of projects.
* Provide technical expertise to support other Project Managers.
* Accountable for all SHE compliance within their project portfolio.
* Ownership of all documents relevant to the portfolio of projects managed.
* Accountable for all engineering, SHE and GxP compliance on the project. Working with the construction engineer to ensure local SHE tours, job freeze audits, SHE / GxP investigations and SSOW audits are in place and completed.
* Accountable for ensuring compliance with change control procedures.
* Accountable for ensuring appropriate project risk assessment.
* Ensure appropriate financial governance processes are implemented.
Experience required for Project Manager role:
* A highly customer focused leader, motivating and driving performance in teams to deliver high standards of service and cost effectiveness.
* Capability of leading multi-functional teams in a regulated environment where asset delivery is a business critical requirement.
* Well-developed knowledge of project processes, and the application of best practices and the effective deployment of project strategies in technically complex customer environments.
* Experience of integrated risk management and the methods employed to manage engineering risks, hazards and controls.
* Understanding of GxP, SHE and other regulatory obligations applicable to asset delivery and management.
* Knowledge of cost management skills to ensure effective delivery of project budgets.
* Good knowledge of the engineering and construction industry and legislation.
* Member of professional organisation e.g. IMechE, APM, IET, etc.
* Professionally Accredited Engineer, Chartered or equivalent with a recognised European accrediting body.
* Strong technical background, with knowledge of the engineering principles and practices utilised across the life-cycle of asset and facilities design and installation.
* Recognised expertise and competence in defined areas of project management.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.