Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our client based in Filton, Bristol. This is a contract role for an initial 10 months and has a pay rate of £23.03 PAYE.
You will report to the Head of Project Management Office for Wide Body Wing & LG Development in the UK and operationally support the A350 Fuel and A350 System Installation in Project Management activities.
- Main challenge is to help build a clear picture on the end to end development activities on the work packages, and understand the integration needs, quickly identifying when action is required to steer performance in line with objectives.
- Bringing knowledge to identify and follow up on constraints and opportunities in the schedule
- Provide a clear view of what is important to stakeholders and facilitate prompt decision making
- Communication with all functions in MFT and suppliers - having a good understanding of what is happening operationally and ensure clear definition of priority project actions to follow up across the multi-functional team internally and at supplier
- Critical analysis of available data and propose solutions
- Anticipate future requirements and ensure governance is in place to enable success
- Provide skilled scheduling solutions (creation, maintenance, critical analysis, scenarios)
- Identify project management actions and facilitate to conclusion through the multi-functional teams
- Anticipating issues, risks and opportunities of the project, proposing solutions and ensure follow up
- Identifying any deviations from project baseline and proposing preventive and corrective actions
- Ensure robust action follow-up
- Reporting to project boards by providing adequate indicators and analysis (KPI, Dashboard, etc.), multi-functional schedule, cost and resource plans, managing many interdependencies
- Deploying Project Management processes, methods and tools and easing best PM practices sharing within the PM community (including feedback, lessons learnt)
- Proposing solutions for efficient project management
- Proven experience and competence in working with scheduling data, scheduling / project management tools (MSP, Unified Planning, ARM)
- Hands on approach to problem solving, able to engage skills of different functions to define and ensure action follow up
- Interpersonal skills to integrate with many actors and work with efficiency and pragmatism to secure collaborative solutions
- Able to work with autonomy and agility, optimizing outcomes in an environment with challenging lead-times and evolving elements
- A broad understanding of aircraft Fuel system and MSI engineering and industrial work content would be beneficial (i.e. design, manufacturing engineering, tooling, production). Being able to work with terminology, understand the actors, scheduling characteristics and action management in this field.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.