Sitec has a requirement for a Project Manager for our client - Caterpillar, based in Peterborough. This is a contract position, for an initial 6 months and the max rate of pay is up to £28.00 p/hr LTD Company
The European Global Programme Management team is a dynamic team within the Caterpillar Enterprise currently supporting 50+ projects both internally and with external partners. The team consists of project planning professionals and project managers. The team has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team working within a fast-paced environment, co-located with the project team in the Peterborough offices.
The Project Manager will lead the allocated project(s) to ensure the projects are delivered on time, to cost and quality. The successful candidate will develop relationships with the key team members in order to motivate and drive the project forward. You will be responsible for ensuring timely reports are produced to communicate project progress and potential issues to the Senior Leadership Team.
The Project Manager will manage projects that have substantial R&D value, are moderate to complex in nature, and are managed with limited supervision. This is a position that requires a thorough understanding in program and project management tools & processes.
Ability to facilitate programs, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, lead integration & compression sessions. Work assignments may be specialized in nature but may also be broad based with coordination between other staff personnel to complete a larger, more complex program.
Specific work assignments may be as follows:
* Management and accountability for assigned project / portfolio of projects.
* Monitoring project progress and performance.
* Providing regular reports to stakeholders.
* Working with all partners to monitor progress, to ensure project delivered in a timely manner on budget.
* Collaboration at business meetings with partners, both internal and external to the company.
* Resource management - provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed resource-loaded project schedules.
* Management of project/programme budgets.
* Escalation of issues and potential solutions to senior stakeholders, and adoption of their guidance.
* Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking.
* Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management. Experience in creation & maintenance of multi-disciplinary project plans is essential.
* Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams.
* Mentor/coach the project technical leaders in project management and address any issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management if appropriate.
* Requires ability to learn Caterpillar project accounting systems and produce project-related financial reports.
* This position requires a four-year college or university degree, or equivalent experience within the project management field.
* At least 6 to 12 years of job-related experience as a project manager.
* Must have very strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills.
* Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience essential); MS Office, including Excel (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs), PowerPoint, Word.
* Must have proven risk management experience.
* Experience of project and organisational accounting systems (e.g. MFG-Pro; SAP).
* Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is highly desirable.
* Previous experience directing the work of others is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of Agile-based approaches to project management duties would be advantageous.
* Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers are highly desirable.
* Previous experience working with the government's UK Research Innovation (Innovate UK, APC, EPSRC, etc.) would be desirable but not essential.
* PMP, Prince 2, or equivalent qualification is highly desired.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.