Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a Project Manager to be based in Fradley Lichfield (with some travel to Bristol) on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months initially.
The role of the Project Manager:
The purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of medium sized projects to the agreed budget, timescales and quality standard.
The role holder must have experience in the relevant domain and have the ability to work with the customer providing knowledge and expertise in the specified field in order to deliver business solutions.
Key role responsibilities of the Project Manager will be:
- Taking full responsibility for the technical definition, documentation and successful completion of medium scale projects (typically 3 - 6 months, with medium scale challenges and business impact)
- Provide effective team leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Ensure that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are prepared and maintained. Provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage and change control procedure, and ensures that projects are delivered and accepted within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Monitor and control project resources against the project budget and manage the expectations of all project stakeholders.
Project Manager Person Specification:
Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
APMP or Prince 2 qualified or equivalent
Excellent communication skills
Good Stakeholder management
A sound knowledge and understanding of project management methods and leadership skills
Experience of managing multiple projects
Experience of managing complex IT projects desirable
Experience of working in the defence industry
Flexibility in travel and working hours as required.
Candidates MUST hold valid UK security clearance to SC level to be considered.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.