Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a Project Manager with an Engineering background to be based in their Keynsham near Bristol offices on a contract basis for an estimated 15 months initially.
The primary purpose of the Project Manager is:
To lead and deliver a substantive project having full responsibility for delivery to time, cost and quality. This will include the likes of the following;
* To ensure that the project definition and scope will satisfy the customer requirement.
* Development of Plans, schedules and control of work information for defined packages, integrating with the wider project(s).
* To develop, monitor, forecast and report against the baseline schedule and estimate.
* Manage customer interfaces and stakeholder management.
* Ensure the project is planned and managed in a safe and appropriate manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences required of the Project Manager:
* Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical or electrical systems / services in nuclear or conventional markets.
* Roles available cover delivery of major structures, services, buildings and supporting enabling projects.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a project management.
* Proven experience with managing teams to successful outcomes.
* Have experience at managing significant multi millions pound budgets.
Qualifications required for the Project Manager role:
The candidate must be degree qualified in an engineering related discipline, and hold chartered status with a relevant accredited body and will ideally hold APM (or equivalent) qualification.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.