Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our client based in Bristol on a 6 month contract basis with extension likely.
The Electronic Systems Team (EST) provides electrical, electronic and software design, test and technical support to all DST projects, including but not limited to Launch Control Systems, Weapon Embarkation Control Systems, Weapon Handling Control Systems and Counter Measure Systems.
The EST Project Manager will be responsible for negotiating and agreeing the scope and delivery plans to meet project requirements for product delivery and engineering services. The role will be responsible for resourcing these plans, managing risk and prioritising work to meet the cross project business commitments and business priorities.
Expected responsibilities include
* Stakeholder management of and communication to the internal customers within the business.
* Priority management and ability to negotiate priorities with stakeholders.
* Providing reporting information required to support DST's contracted requirements (e.g. customer report formats)
* Resource capacity planning - through effective management of current work packages and stakeholder engagement to identify future packages of work.
* Developing clear scope from project requirements and formally agreeing that scope and the budgets and schedules for delivery
* Submitting accurate and timely budget requirements
* Tracking actual spend against expected value earnt across all projects and tasks
* Ensuring accurate and realistic monthly Estimates to Complete (ETCs) are maintained and reported
* Ensure detailed schedules are planned, resourced, monitored and controlled
* Ensure supply chain activities are initiated in a timely fashion and are successfully monitored and controlled.
* Ensure engineering and supply chain scope and delivery expectations, including budgets and milestones, are clearly and formally communicated and delegated to accountable functional leads
* Ensure a project and programme level formal risk (threat and opportunity) process is adhered to and that risks are communicated to project teams
* Ensure risks, changes and progress are escalated and reported to projects in a timely manner
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
* Proven ability to manage projects
* Planning experience (Microsoft Project 2013 ideally)
* Risk Management experience
* Good Knowledge of Project Management tools
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Sound relationship and teamwork skills
* Stakeholder engagement
* Commercial awareness
* Strong initiative
* APM Project Qualification (PQ)
* Experience working within IFS
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.