Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Lead - Compliance Product Engineering for our client Caterpillar/ Perkins in Peterborough. This is a permanent role.
OVERVIEW OF THIS ROLE
Salary Range: £48,000.00 to £60,000.00 p/a (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 20% bonus, monthly car cash allowance, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
Hours: Full Time - 37.00
Relocation/ Sponsorship is not supported with this role
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
Due to exciting developments in our product range, an opportunity has arisen for a Technical Compliance Lead to join our engineering team. As a Regulatory Compliance Lead at Caterpillar you will support the development our family of diesel engines 0.5 - 7.1L, working with product managers and engineers to ensure that product regulations are met across a range of projects. As a key member of the team, you will also lead projects to improve business processes, implement new regulatory requirements, and identify compliance risks for new products.
The role is based within our Engineering & Technology centre and will support engineers across our facilities in Peterborough, USA, China, and India.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Ensuring product regulatory compliance risks are identified and managed
* Leadership of projects for the implementation and improvement of processes associated with product compliance.
* Contribute to strategies for new processes and products driven by regulatory requirements.
* Identification of regulatory requirements, their impact on products, and engineering actions.
* Providing regulatory guidance to Product Managers, Engineers, and Customers.
* Identification and interpretation of global non-emissions product standards, regulations and certification requirements for Diesel Engines across all IPSD product lines and markets.
* Ensure timely completion of projects to demonstrate compliance of products to regulatory requirements.
* Design and implement processes to ensure product compliance can be demonstrated and maintained.
* Maintain a knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with engines, engine applications, and engine technologies.
* Lead initiatives to introduce compliance to new regulations, provide training and drive increased cultural awareness of Product Safety and Regulatory Issues.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Previous Project Engineering experience is essential, ideally gained working as a Programme Lead for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
* Knowledge of diesel engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment, or generating sets.
* Experience in creating product compliance documentation that demonstrates compliance to 2006/42/EC, 2011/65/EU, ISO13849 (Technical Files, Risk Assessments).
* Knowledge of a range product regulatory requirements e.g. EU Machinery Directive, REACH, RoHS, Functional Safety, EMC, RED, PED.
* Strong commitment to product safety and quality, with excellent communication skills at all levels.
* Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints and context, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
* Experience of leading process development and change management.
* Self-directed and capable of handling and prioritising multiple projects.
* Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
* Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
* Degree in Engineering or detailed experience in a suitable product design and development environment.
* Professional Engineering accreditation (e.g. CEng).
* Six (6) Sigma Black Belt or Project Management Qualification.
Applicants MUST be able to commute into the Peterborough region daily
This role will be closed for submissions Wednesday 21/03/2018
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.