Sitec currently has a requirement for our client based in Peterborough for a Project Management Analyst. This is a contract position for an initial 12 months with extension likely.
The pay rate for this position is £22-£26p/hr Ltd
The purpose of this role is to deliver programs on-time, within budget and to specification by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally accepted program and project management methods, techniques, tools, and training. Provides expertise in specific areas of program and project management processes to ensure the most efficient and cost effective implementation of products and services. Working alongside the Program Manager, the Project Co-ordinator creates and maintains the Project Plan using Microsoft Project.
JOB DUTIES of Project Management Analyst:
This position is the role of a seasoned project management professional. He/she manages projects that have substantial R&D value, are moderate to complex in nature, and are managed with limited supervision. This is a staff position that requires a thorough understanding in program and project management tools & processes.
Ability to facilitate programs, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, lead integration & compression sessions. Work assignments may be specialized in nature but may also be broad based with coordination between other staff personnel to complete a larger, more complex program.
Specific work assignments may be as follows:
* Coordinate with Program Managers to create and maintain Project Plans, schedule and support program control meetings & compression sessions.
* Make schedule changes/corrections during control meetings and compression sessions.
* Maintain and lead update meetings for program level issues/action logs, risk registers/FMEAs, scope change requests/logs, program work plans, program cost tracking and provide workshop planning, execution and follow-up assistance.
* Create accurate and detailed schedules. The incumbent will capture all information, interpret, and identify relationships between activities, analyse data from schedule updates, work with project team members to resolve logic errors, explain changes due to updates, and recommend actions to resolve schedule problems.
* Lead and conduct detail-planning meetings with no supervision. The incumbent must possess the ability to work with functional areas to develop their detailed activities and schedules.
* Provide analysis and recommendations needed to increase accuracy of program and project schedules, provide leadership in understanding and following program and project management standard processes, and work daily with team members to emphasize the importance of the program schedule to be successful in implementing on time, within cost, and at the required quality targets.
* Provide administrative planning and follow-up for program team, steering committee, and governance review meetings.
* The incumbent must be able to interpret and transfer work breakdown structure (WBS) into project management software. The position may work hand-in-hand with consultants in large program planning sessions.
* Mentor/coach and train other project team members in the program management processes and software. May create report packages and communicate or post program or project status, may also include maintenance of a program web site.
* This role will involve occasional travel. The incumbent must be prepared to travel up to 1 week per month, as and when required.
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE of Project Management Analyst:
* The position requires broad knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers with direct project management experience.
* This position requires a four year college or university degree with a technical focus is highly desirable.
* In addition, five to seven years of progressively responsible job- related experience in Program Coordination, Information Technology, Engineering, project management or NPI experience typically required.
* Should have project management knowledge and experience in driving out detailed, work plans within MicroSoft Project software, and demonstrated experience in resource forecasting, risk identification & management , cost management , scope and other tools.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required including team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Previous Green Belt experience is a plus.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.