Sitec have an interesting requirement for a Project Lead for a Strategic Savings Initiative.
You will be based at our client's offices in Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth. This is a contract position with an estimated duration of 6 months+.
Must be willing to undertake SC clearance
Project Lead, Strategic Savings Initiative.
The Project Lead is the person who has the overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution and closure of the Strategic Savings Initiative.
The Project Lead, in the performance of their duties for the SSI Programme, will:
- Plan and monitor the project - Following the 5-step framework that the SSI Programme has defined as policy;
- Project Initiation Document (PID); Business Case (BC); Project Management Plan (PMP);
Execution Plan and Handover Documentation/Evidence.
- Produce and maintain a Project RAID (Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency) Register; Manage the production and acceptance of the required deliverables - Work with the stakeholders to ensure the outputs of the project are accepted and enduringly adopted; Liaise with their Workstream Lead and other SSI Project Leads to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated; Monitor overall progress and use of resources where applicable, initiating corrective action where necessary; Work with Workstream Leads if change to scope is required.
- Liaise, as per the SSI Programme Benefit Analysis (BA) Guide, with Benefits Manager to assure the work in progress, direction and potential of the project is being carried out to the highest standard;
- Carry our Dependency Management - Maintain an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact;
- Adopt and apply appropriate Technical and Quality Standards on all SSI Programme deliverables;
- Manage project administration - Ask the PSO for help if you have issues;
- Collect LFE throughout the project lifecycle and report to PSO for collation.
The Project Lead will:
* Good at communication skills, written and verbal, credible and engaging - Must have the ability to effectively communicate at all times to ensure the success of the project;
* Establish good working relationships with all stakeholders and Workstream Lead;
* Direct, lead and motivate the project team where applicable;
* Be able to develop and maintain an agreed project plan;
* Plan and manage deployment of physical and financial resources to meet project milestones;
* Delegate tasks where appropriate and beneficial to do so. Do not be afraid to seek help especially if it is going to enhance the project outcome;
* Actively manage risk;
* Use their expert knowledge to problem solve and find solutions (root cause identification skills)
* Understand and apply quality assurance standards and processes to their project tasks and deliverables;
* Demonstrate competence by challenging, inspiring, enabling, empowering and encouraging your team to project success;
* Demonstrate Trust in your team. Consider how much you check and control your teams work, how much you delegate and how much you allow people to participate.
* Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of a project lifecycle
* Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
* Understanding of systems thinking and value stream mapping
* Resilient and tenacious (with the ability to recognise when to take a pragmatic approach)
* Organised with a considered approach to planning strategy and tactics
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.