Sitec have an interesting requirement for a Project Engineer at our client's premises in Stafford. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months +.
Our client is Caterpillar in Stafford and they require a Project Engineer with a Civil / Buildings / Facilities background, preferably with experience of working within a current Manufacturing / Production / Operations environment. Tasks will include Cradle to Grave management of both large & small projects and managing contractors and suppliers; projects will range from construction of a complete new build warehouse to replacement of doors and windows in existing buildings.
The Construction & Infrastructure Projects Engineer will work both independently and as part of a team that drives towards a world class facility environment with robust manufacturing processes and systems.
This function is responsible for managing construction & infrastructure project activities, driving energy efficiency initiatives and reviewing & developing contractor control methods. All aligned to achieving the world class facility objectives in the areas of People, Quality, Velocity and Cost. The incumbent will have a track record of managing projects and establishing controlled processes and safe systems of work through to completion.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Management of facility improvement projects in support of EHS, Security and Process Excellence activities.
* Actively managing communications, completion and handover of facility improvement projects.
* Management of sub-contractor scope, procurement / selection, utilisation and payment supporting defined project activities.
* Drive World Class manufacturing environment for the Stafford site, defining current state, risks, refurbishment plans and critical asset controls.
* Support energy efficiency and environmental performance goals by implementing new technologies and robust sustainable equipment and processes.
* Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of technical services safety policies and standards.
* Developing a selected supplier list through benchmarking and supplier performance reviews alongside the Global Purchasing organisation.
* Report project status at key milestones to facility and business stakeholders.
* Perform technical analysis of facility operations and manufacturing processes to support management decisions.
* Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements.
Skills and Experience
* Degree or an appropriate qualification and extensive related experience in Construction or Facilities.
* Management of projects in line with CDM requirements.
* Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
* Track record of delivering projects with sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within a manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of manufacturing concepts such as Lean, CI, Process auditing, Safety Management.
* Experience project managing construction and / or manufacturing equipment projects.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.