Sitec have an interesting requirement for a Project Engineer in Faslane (Clyde) Scotland.
This is a contract role within the Marine / Defence industry; the successful candidate will have a background in Change Delivery processes. The expected duration is 6 months.
Change Delivery Project Engineer, Purpose of the role:
Provide comprehensive engineering expertise to oversee and control all aspects of Alterations & Additions (A&A) installations and Class Modifications carried out by installation contractors on vessels during Fleet Time maintenance periods
Key Results Areas
1. Assist the Senior Change Engineer in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the section's resource.
2. Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost time and quality requirements.
3. Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Change Delivery area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
4. To identify pre installation requirements, materials, stores, manufacture and engage installations teams or contracted support by arranging and conducting start up meetings on planned installation activities to allow installation to commence in accordance with agreed start date
5. Record progress against planned time lines, record on Database projected time lines against actual and brief all parties at daily and weekly progress meetings on any installation or resource issues. Capture and record actual man hours and costs against estimated
6. Participate and provide information at Design Reviews on and off site inputting specialist knowledge on installation issues and ship systems.
7. Attendance at Design Reviews on and off site inputting specialist knowledge on installation issues and ship systems.
8. Works on a number of different tasks on a daily basis or can be involved in complex tasking taking several days or weeks to complete
Management / Supervisory Scope
Includes management of other Sections' staff and contractors.
Apply logical thinking to resolve Change Delivery issues and any limitations arising.
Review of complex engineering documentation and participation in extensive technical discussions covering many engineering disciplines and specialist subject matters with respect to solving challenging technical problems.
Analysis of situations, events or processes to identify shortfalls and weaknesses in working practices. Develop and implement recommendations to address shortfalls and work with the Department's management in delivering change and continuous improvement.
Technical solutions, advice and decisions are given as requested with respect to Change Delivery activities during working hours and or out of hours.
Largely unsupervised with a high degree of autonomy to resolve conflicts.
Identify and engage with key stakeholders to ensure risks are minimised, and highlighted where appropriate.
Safe Systems of Work
Health, Safety & Environment
Budget management processes
Competency and awareness of:
Fire Safety Procedures
IIF Waypoint principles
Knowledge of Security Procedures
Health and Safety procedures and legislation
Nuclear Emergency Response Organisation (NERO) Procedures (Faslane)
Quality Policies and Procedures
NUC 1.1 Nuclear Safety and Security Culture
NUC 6.1 Naval reactor plant and supporting Infrastructure maintenance
Nuclear Submarine Quality Assurance
Working at Heights
Submarine Familiarisation Phase 2
Confined Space Entry
Trade Control Regulations
Control of Contractor
Vessel Tagout Awareness
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent
- HNC in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent
- Nuclear Submarine Quality Assurance Course (NSQAC)
- Pristine Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- Confined Spaces Competent Person
- Submarine Familiarisation Phase 1
- Submarine Familiarisation Phase 2
- Trade Controls Practitioner Training
- Control of Contractor
- Vessel TAGOUT Awareness
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.