Our client is a specialist engineering consultancy providing control & instrumentation engineering, process & technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. Founded in 2008 they're a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation.
They are seeking an experienced Control & Instrumentation Project Engineer with a suitable technical background to work out of their client's site (COMAH LNG Storage plant) 4 days per week near Rochester, Kent and 1 day from the office in Mortlake, South West London. The appointed C&I Project Engineer will work as an owners' engineer for their client in their technical development team, managing projects (£20k to £2million) through the full project lifecycle, from pre-feasibility to delivery. The role will project manage the technical realisation of C&I technical solutions including managing resources and deliverables.
Be the link and liaison between different engineering teams within the site
- Communication across teams and to project stakeholders
- Coordinate project technical support, taking ownership of problems seeing them through to resolution
- Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
- Maintain and communicate project technical documentation
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Workflow management of cross functional teams
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Minimum 5 years' experience within Control & Instrumentation
Experience within project management or a similar role
Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project requirements simultaneously
Ability to perform unsupervised on own initiative and as part of a team
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Technical qualification to HND or Degree level.
- Basic experience of Mechanical and Electrical engineering disciplines.
- Experience within Oil & Gas
- Experienced in working to CDM regulations and COMAH regulations.
- Ability to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
Joining a team of 30 members of staff, the role offers the opportunity to join a growing company with an expanding projects portfolio. Learning and development is actively encouraged with opportunities for company sponsorship for professional development, and in-house mentoring opportunities thus enabling cross-discipline learning.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.