Sitec has a requirement for a Project Engineer for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract role, initially for 12 months but expected to be ongoing.
The max rate of pay is up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting landing gear project work associated with the our clients DDMS programme.
The role holder is accountable to the LG Principal Engineer for delivery performance, who will be responsible for quality of deliverables.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The DDMS programme is an enterprise-wide initiative to transform the business and achieve greater product effectiveness. The work for this role relates primarily to lead-time reduction for future landing gear developments but may include other LG DDMS related activities. The scope includes consideration of engineering design, component manufacture and test activities for elements of the landing gear system.
The DDMS programme is underway and, for specific landing gear projects, the role holder will take-over organising the work, conducting meetings/workshops and documenting the results. The work will be done in collaboration with team members; internal specialists will be involved for knowledge, data, ideas.
The Landing Gear Principal Engineer will direct the work and support the role holder with knowledge of the organisation, contacts and subject-matter.
Work is based at in Filton, UK but may involve occasional short trips (1-2 day trips to other facilities in Europe expected)
The role holder will, for the LG DDMS project work and working with the team:
* Maintain a plan for delivery of the projects, to include work breakdown, identification of participants, scheduling of meetings / workshops.
* Execute the plan to include organising and conducting meetings / workshops.
* Identify promising opportunities to meet the DDMS objectives, with assessment of feasibility.
* Make proposals for further landing gear work, with justification and implications.
* Document the content and results of the work, to include acceptance by the LG Principal Engineer.
* Liaise with the LG Principal Engineer during the project to maintain alignment
* Engage stakeholders and specialists as necessary to ensure robust project outcomes.
* Additional the role holder will provide project planning support to the Anticipate, Avoid, Act project for Aircraft on Ground (AOG) improvements.
* Excellent communication skill in English language, verbal and written.
* Ability to organise and conduct meetings constructively and efficiently
* Ability to assimilate technical information and draw conclusions with justification, author reports and present information clearly and coherently.
* Familiar with use of Microsoft Office tools.
* Experience of project planning.
* Experience of aerospace Engineering environment.
* Knowledge of technical product development process.
* Knowledge of designing structure and/or equipment.
* Knowledge of system engineering.
* Knowledge of software development.
* Experience with 3DS would be highly desirable but not essential.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.