Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for a Nuclear Decommissioning site in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £38.00 per hour on an Umbrella or PAYE basis only (Inside IR35).
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
Project Engineer required to work within an existing project team providing support to engineering activities including planning, concept design, detail design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning for facility and commercial projects being implemented.
* Accountable to the Facility Engineering Delivery Manager, record project requirements - scope of works, detail target completion dates, estimate costs and produce a project plan
* Produce concept design and design technical specifications for contractors, listing statutory and site regulations
* Produce purchasing specifications, working with Procurement assess tender documents and select suitable contractors for projects
* Produce purchase requisitions and quality documents. Control and monitor production progress at contractors works
* Produce working instructions, risk assessment, quality plans, commissioning sheets and maintenance instructions in accordance with statutory and site requirements. Where required, produce CE marking, PUWER, LOLER and / or pressure regulations assessments
* Produce handover documentation. Record and archive project and technical files in accordance with statutory requirements
* Work with Persons Organising Work (POW's) to prepare work packs for installation and commissioning
* Interface with key stakeholders, customers and contractors
Essential Skills / Qualifications
* Be from a design or design / manufacturing background
* Have a proven ability to deliver solutions to engineering problems
* Be able to demonstrate evidence of projects completed to date
* Have a working knowledge of Nuclear Site procedures
* Have a proven ability of working with Contractors and External Suppliers
* Have good document writing skills
* Be able to keep accurate and detailed records during the lifespan of a project
* Have good communication skills
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
* Degree / HND qualified - although experience and a good technical will be taken into consideration
* Ability to work individually, as a team leader and as part of a team
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.