Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Project Controls Manager for our client who are a Petrochemical company based in Hampshire. The post is an estimated 12 month contract paying competitively on a day rate basis for a 37.5 - 40 hour week.
The Project Controls Manager implements overall project controls direction through application of systems and methods for estimate development, cost control, planning and reporting, progress measurement, schedule development / control and management of change. PCM has capability to execute the technical tasks as well as lead contractors in doing them. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
1. Provide overall project cost, schedule, estimating, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise
* Manage Project Cost and Schedule, including oversight of Contractor resources
* Mentor junior project controls engineers and ensure the technical quality and timeliness of work
* Serve as a link to the Project Services Common Skill Center organization; gain alignment for support and approval of key deliverables (i.e. Estimates Development Plans, Estimates, etc.)
* Develop and maintain the Project Controls related plans
* Ensure implementation of the stewardship process identify and champion process improvements
* Coordinate and communicate priorities for estimating, planning and cost control activities
* Participate in kick-offs and ongoing meetings with the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor(s) to ensure common understanding of project controls requirements
* Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project
2. Stewards Project cost/schedule with ongoing project analysis, reporting, forecasting, budgeting and Change Management
* Coordinate the collecting, analyzing, and reporting of project cost and schedule control information to ensure overall project status is assessed, potential problem areas are identified
* Analyze trends, prepare forecasts, opportunities and vulnerabilities
* Administers the project change control process and communicates implication of changes
3. Monitoring and appraising the performance of the Contractor(s) in the areas of cost control, progress measurement and control
* Ensure that proper and effective project control measures are executed by the Contractor
* Review and endorse progress and cost/schedule baselines and forecast prepared by contractors
* Analyze cost/schedule and progress trends developed by contractor
* Review and endorse progress measures reported by the contractor
* Review cost bases of contractor's Change Proposals / Orders
* Assist in developing/reviewing cost corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented
4. Develop cost and schedule estimates to support opportunity assessments, Project funding, Project reviews, and ad hoc requests.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.