Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for Cavendish Nuclear a company who specialise in the Nuclear Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a Project Controls Manager to be based in their Leicester offices on a contract basis for an estimated 12 Months initially.
Role of the Project Controls Manager:
* Helps build and define the local process and procedure for Project Controls within the EDF business area.
* Leads the Project Controls team for the EDF business area.
* Work closely with the programme and project management team to ensure the provision of the highest quality project controls support to satisfy Cavendish Nuclear and programme specific Commercial or Customer requirements.
* Liaison with the Programme / Project Management team to ensure optimum cost and schedule performance through the provision of the following functions.
* Lifetime Plan / bid development / Detailed Delivery Schedule - Scope, Schedule, Cost Estimates and risk management plans.
* Assist EDF business area lead team and Business Managers with project strategy development and implementation.
* Facilitates Monthly / weekly Reports across the EDF Business Area - accurate statusing, progress summary text (Rules Of Credit), accurate assessment of Accruals, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs).
* Variance analyses (both for schedule and cost), recovery plans where appropriate, estimates at completion (EAC), estimates to completion (ETC) Key issues, Key Risks, progress against Key Metrics, progress against Key Milestones, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs).
* Trend analysis; tracking of SPI ,CPI,SV,CV.
* Consistent application of NEC3 requirements including EWN's and CE's (Change Proposals).
* Identify Value for Money Savings and the capture of evidence to underpin production of EWN's and CE's.
* Format and content of monthly/weekly progress reports including the monitoring and tracking of project progress and financial performance. Roll out and population of Dashboard Reports to support the accountability process.
* Facilitates resource forecasting for the EDF Business area.
* Liaison with head of processes and systems to ensure reporting tools are fit for purpose and satisfy stakeholder requirements.
* Day to day management of the Project Controls Teams; planning, estimating, cost engineers, risk engineers and document control resources assigned to project control teams. (Note: Overall management of each function lies with the relevant functional manager).
* Ensure that the provision of project controls support in the form of estimating, planning, cost engineering and risk analysis is maintained to the highest quality and conforms to relevant procedures and standards.
* Key Accountabilities; ensure Programme Controls are consistently applied across all aspects of the programme and manage the development of a comprehensive and robust Risk Register addressing all risks (threats and opportunities) to the delivery of the defined workscope.
Work with the EDF Business Area Lead Team to establish accurate calculation of programme level contingency to be applied across the programme. This will include both estimating uncertainty and event based risk analysis.
Candidates must have a background to undergo UK security clearance to Basic Level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.