Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Project Controller to join our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £28 - £32p/hr Ltd.
- To actively manage the financial situation of multiple satellites supply projects.
- To ensure all deliverables are met with regard to monthly reporting to Primes or to ensure accurate and timely reporting to the local Controlling Business Partners or to the Work Package Managers (WPM), Project Managers (PM), Business Unit Leaders.
- To be the review point of all financially relevant contractual matters i.e. Supply Contracts (whether direct or reallocation through Stock transfer), Works Orders, Change Notices or Direct Contract with an external customer.
- To be empowered to engage fully in all financial topics and to summarise points in a way that supports rapid decision making - collect background information on possible scenarios and share findings with the Business Unit Business Partner to ensure all alternatives are covered and to share experience before finalising on a recommendation.
- To oversee and ensure that currency coverage for the projects under your control are comprehensive and respond to the reporting requirements of treasury.
- To maintain an open eye for improvements in your work place either from learning from colleagues, flow down from our innovation streams (Team Leader Project Control) or from direct interaction with the HUB and ideas sharing with colleagues.
- To manage the allocation of cost to work package and critique deviations with the inputs from WPM and PM.
- To maintain an awareness of the Risks and Opportunities on the projects and to actively support Risk Mitigation and Opportunity Attainment.
- Actively communicate to the Controlling Business Partner the Risks and Opportunities to allow for a consolidated picture to be achieved of the status of the Business Unit.
- To participate in adhoc activities to support the overall achievement of the finance community and always positively challenge yourself and others to improve with a focus on the team development.
- Produce monthly financial reporting on project Key Performance Indicators comparing.
- Actuals against Budget and Forecast [Sales, Margin, Cost, & Cash].
- Hold regular cost reviews with Work Package Managers to capture CTC e.g. Engineering, Procurement, etc. Take into account resourcing requirements.
- Work alongside your projects to ensure on time financial milestone achievement & ensure the necessary process is followed.
- Analysis of project actual costs, & correction of miss-bookings.
- Quarterly amendments to the CDP Pool to reflect the latest project status after agreement with the UK Financial Controller / Prime Controllers and Business Unit Leaders.
- Forecasting of project resourcing/manpower requirements by work package.
- Key subcontractor financial milestone management.
- Analysis of project key risks & opportunities and presentation to Controlling Business Partner.
- Quarterly tracking of major project non-quality events for communication to senior Management.
- Forecasting and management of project foreign currency requirements [EUR, USD, CAD].
- Ensure that the impacts of any project changes e.g. scope, schedule, etc. [on Sales, Margin, Cost, & Cash] are properly controlled and assist the Project Manager with creating Contract Change Notes / Change Proposals.
- Work closely with the Finance team to support the consolidation of the overall program financials.
- Participate in Project Control team process improvement activities.
- Respond to adhoc requests and contribute to future process innovations.
- To feedback to the team where positive added value contribution to the business can be enhanced and this job description and job spec can be updated.
- High MS Excel literacy.
- Knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse, Impact.
- Financially aware with high business partnering acumen.
- Honours degree or equivalent in mathematics, sciences, finance or business.
- Critical thinking & ability to constructively challenge the operational business.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good communication skills - an ability to make finance important to non-finance people.
- Demonstrate focus on team work.
- Solution Orientated approach to working.
- Highly numerate and computer literate.
- Experience from management accounting role within a project based environment, CIMA or ACCA qualified or trainee.
- Another European Language (French / German) would be advantageous.
- Demonstration of international work experience.
- Digitally aware and can demonstrate active professional engagement with media forums.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.