Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine, Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Project Administrator to be based in their offices in South Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months.
An opportunity exists for a Project Administrator to work in a leading defence technology company delivering a wide range of design, manufacturing and operational support projects to international defence customers.
The successful applicant will join a diverse and dynamic team of project, engineering and other functional staff working together on an exciting project to deliver a major UK defence contract.
The company is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Project Administrator who has previously worked in a project support role and has basic knowledge of project management principles.
The position will be required to support the Systems Engineering Team in delivering a critical aspect of the hardware testing requirement in a project delivering capital equipment for the UK government.
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Systems Engineering Team in developing a plan for the testing of manufactured parts. The PA will be required to use procurement lead-time and other data to ensure timely manufacture and delivery of test parts and to manage their despatch to, and return from the test facility.
Key accountabilities and experience required:
* Assisting the Shock Test Lead Engineer in the creation of a schedule for the completion of equipment testing.
* Liaison with the Procurement and Supply Chain organisation to ensure expedient release or Purchase Orders to meet the schedule.
* Creation of demand to the supply chain (e.g. requisitioning).
* Support project stakeholder management and communications.
* Production of regular procurement and progress reports for the Systems PM and Systems Engineering Lead Engineer.
* Management of the logistics to move equipment to and from Babcock and the test facility including the disposal of tested items.
* Managing, maintaining and updating of project documents.
* Gathering updates from key Stakeholders I project leads.
* Taking accurate project meeting minutes for distribution to stakeholders.
* Support the implementation of normal project governance and reporting procedure.
* Tasking other Babcock departments where necessary.
* Using the ERP system to support the aforementioned activities where appropriate.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
Ideally, the successful candidate:
* Has the APMP Introductory Certificate.
* Has a National Diploma in Business Admin (Level 4) or similar.
* Is competent in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel.
* Can use IFS or similar ERP systems.
* Experience of working in a project environment. (Parts, Kit Controller, Material Controller)
* A personable, diligent, strong team player who has attention to detail.
Due to the nature of our clients business candidates will have to obtain a UK security check upon appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.