Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Programme Manager to join our client based in Bristol, this is a contact role for an initial 24 months and has a pay rate of £30 p/hr Ltd.
Role Description: XLR - Wing - Structures Work Package Manager (WPM)
Lead and manage the Specific Structural Changes via a Multi-Function Team (MFT) in the
XLR Project, reporting to the IPT Wing Leader. The Structures Work Package Manager is
accountable for all aspects of Specific Structural packages and accountable to the IPT Wing
Leader for Cost, Quality and Schedule
Applying the Co-leadership principle with Chief Engineers, the Structures WPM is the owner
and integrator of Structures Highlift activities and their baseline. They have the view and
control on overall integrated planning for the defined components, including business case
and risk and opportunities
Tasks and Accountabilities
- Lead an MFT through application of the Airbus values and Leadership model.
- Overall Resource planning with functions.
- Ensure the integration/optimization of the overall planning of their Work Package,
- with each function contributing for its deliverables.
- Development of overall schedule in UP, meeting UP KPIs at required MG milestones.
- Implementation of EVM within UP to enable EVM reporting within XLR.
- Agreement of Project Budget per year (Make and Buy) with IPT Wing Leader,
- including control of RC within targets.
- Lead and manage project performance through proper change management and
- support to BCB process.
- Management of Risk and Opportunities within the XLR Risk Management Process,
- escalating from local Work Package Risks to IPT Wing level for consideration for
- loading to ARM.
- Ensure industrial readiness (supported by Industrial E2E team) of Entry into Service
- and ensuring means and capabilities for ramp up readiness.
- Present clear and transparent project status at IPT Wing reviews and PDT Airframe
- regular meetings as needed.
- Support supplier selection according to SA Procurement policy and project needs, as
- and when required.
- Delivery information/evidence to support Wing submission to Airframe MG reviews.
- Align with APQP leaders to ensure timely decision tree meetings and implementation
- of appropriate processes within APQP per work package.
- Ensure required engagement with DDMS team to take advantage of 2D to 3D
- priorities and industrial simulations for Plan.
· Educated at degree level or equivalent experience in projects/programme management
· Experience of managing projects through the full project 'lifecycle'
· Proven abilities to manage suppliers
· An understanding of budget control
· Good technical knowledge to enable an understanding of technical issues and challenges
· An understanding of the specification, design, build and test process
· Knowledge of configuration management, its tools and processes
· Strong team player
· - Experience at delivering to time, cost and quality.
· - Ability to work in a transnationally managed environment
· - Experience in facilitating, co-ordinating and directing meetings
· - Travel posibility to Broughton/Bremen/US (Supplier)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.