Sitec currently have a requirement for our client based in Filton, Bristol for a Programme Manager. The client is a world leading Aerospace and Defence company. This is a contract position for an initial 18 months and has a pay rate of £35 p/hr Ltd.
Activities of role:
* Lead and drumbeat the resolution of industrial crises and quality escapes. Set up a proper crisis management and mitigate the crisis impact as much as possible. Protect FAL from any related disturbance
* Ensure that a robust industrial system is in place, meeting all Airbus and Customer requirements (rate, flexibility, quality, On-Time Delivery)
* Identify and anticipate trends (industrial, planning, development, customer demand) and ensure that proper risk mitigation is implemented. Prevent crisis occurrence in close collaboration with key stakeholders
* Maintain an overview and integrate all information concerning your system perimeter, identifying potential conflicts, synergies and providing suitable overview and reporting to program management
* Prepare end of CEO program in terms of safety stock and mitigation policies
* Build a network with all stakeholders: Chief Engineering, Supply Chain, planning, procurement, ordering, logistics, manufacturing, MAP, quality, development, configuration management, customer services, contracts…
* Lead Programme Management Reviews with the relevant suppliers and Airbus stakeholders
* Investigate and answer Requests for Feasibility (RFF) launched by planning and configuration departments
* Ensure that lessons learnt are implemented, processes are adapted and self-sustainable long-term solutions are in place
* Project manage industrial and quality improvement initiatives
* Embrace and support the digitalisation of the Single Aisle programme
* Represent the programme in the MFT. Be the Single Aisle programme voice towards the MFT. Ensure that all functional needs and drivers (industrial, commercial, technical, customer, …) are converging towards a global programme optimum
* Anticipate and influence upcoming MFT strategies to support the industrial and business objectives.
* Challenge budget requests and present budget requests in front of steering boards
* Monitor and challenge Supply Chain Performance. Follow up on root causes for crisis, QSRs or other supply chain disruptions in order to prevent reoccurrences.
* Ensure adequate obsolescence management and minimize associated cost impact for SA programme.
* Provide to Procurement contractual framework and requirements for negotiations
* Give guidance and deliver industrial programme feedback to modifications. Ensure that MODs are introduced with minimum industrial impact. Integrate with Chief Engineering (BSE) and Development (BSN) to understand level of technical maturity and risks. Ensure that a viable Plan B is in place.
* Be the project manager for Major Modifications after MG13 and for Standard Flow Modifications after MG3 (Product Change Leader role)
* Follow up on any development topic which requires BSM attention and focus
The ideal candidate:
* Holds a University Degree in Business, Economics, Industrial Engineering or similar
* Is dynamic, proactive and excited about working in a fast-pace high-pressure environment
* Has a profound knowledge and several years of working experience in project and programme management; work experience in different functions is of benefit (e.g. supply chain, logistics, manufacturing, MAP, quality, development, customer services, engineering)
* Has proven to be able to communicate effectively and manage stakeholders at different organisation levels and cross-functionally
* Has strong leadership skills and is able to motivate people to team up to deliver
* Has proven to be comfortable working in an international and intercultural environment
* Has proven to be able to work in stressful (e.g. crisis) situations
* Is able to take timely and sound decisions in the interest of the company
* Has mandatorily English skills at negotiation level; French, German and Spanish skills would be beneficial
* Has a developed customer mind-set
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.