Sitec has a requirement for a Programme management Process Team Manager based at our client's offices in Keynsham near Bristol. This is a contract/temporary role with an estimated duration of 6 months plus and the succesful candidates will be engaged on projects for In-Service Submarines.
Engineering Programme Management Process Team Manager
The primary purpose of the post is to ensure all Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) Process Team outputs are managed, organised, planned and delivered to Time, Cost and Quality.
The secondary purpose of the post is to support the delivery of a complete, coherent and concise Design Authority Requirement (DAR) for each support period, by ensuring the appropriate Concession and Survey requirements are delivered in accordance with relevant timescales.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
In delivering this role the Engineering Programme Management Process Team Manager is responsible for:
- Leading and providing direction for the Engineering Programme Management Process Team.
- Ensuring the development of the Engineering Programme Management Process Team elements of the Annual Plan in line with the requirements of the Engineering Programme Manager.
- Leading, managing and ensuring delivery of the Whole Boat Technical Documentation Team outputs into ISM to agreed Time, Cost and Quality envelopes/targets.
Leading, managing and ensuring delivery of the Availability, Reliability, Maintainability and Review of Maintenance Team's outputs into ISM to agreed Time, Cost and Quality envelopes/targets.
- Leading, managing and ensuring delivery of the Concession and Defect Investigation Teams outputs into ISM to agreed Time, Cost and Quality envelopes/targets.
- Leading, managing and ensuring delivery of the Hull & System Surveillance Management Teams outputs and workflows into ISM to agreed Time, Cost and Quality envelopes/targets.
Managing the Engineering Programme Management Process Team budget, resources and succession plan.
- Reporting the performance of the Engineering Programme Management Process Team to the Engineering Programme Manager.
- Providing timely notification to the Engineering Programme Manager of any issues effecting delivery, including a lack of resources/budgets/forward workload with proposed solutions.
Ensuring the team's procedures and processes are maintained and to identify where processes and update strategy may be improved.
- Deputising for the Engineering Programme Manager for matters concerning the Engineering Programme Management Process Team and other issues as delegated.
- The preparation, maintenance and presentation of the short-medium term resource load planning for the Engineering Programme Management Process Team. This will also involve working with the DSPM Project Manager to inform the analysis of future contract years and the pipeline.
- Development of key activities outwith MSDF as agreed with the Engineering Programme Manager.
In delivering these functions the post holder is to ensure that:
- They maintain an active and healthy interface with all Stakeholders, both internal and external. This may include other client Business Units, MoD Project Teams, BAES, Rolls-Royce and Equipment Suppliers.
- They identify blockers to delivering the required outcome, and engage with the relevant stakeholders to resolve them.
- Liaise with the customer on short to medium term issues, and establish close working relationships with the submarine support community, ensuring the main aims and customer's intent are maintained throughout.
- The Client remains the lead industry partner for the provision of In Service Submarine Support for the UK MoD.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- The post holder is to hold a minimum of a second class degree or comparable academic standard in an appropriate STEM discipline (or hold a HNC/HND with significant relevant experience).
- The post holder is to hold Corporate Membership (or have a demonstrable plan for achieving Corporate Membership) of an appropriate professional institution.
- PMQ: The Association for Project Management (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or equivalent
- The post holder is expected to maintain their familiarity with current Project and Business
Candidates must have a background that will enable UK Security Clearance to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.