Sitec has a requirement for a Programme Coordinator for our client - Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and the role will be based in Peterborough.
A programme coordinator professional committed to delivering programs on-time and within budget by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally recognised program and project management methods, techniques, and tools. The candidate will work part of the Europe PMO and provide co-ordination and planning support for the Global Engine Development area of the business.
The role requires the candidate to have good understanding of program and project management tools & processes and needs to be competent in Microsoft Project and advantageous if possesses Primavera experience. It is an entry level role for a Project Management professional, with the candidate expected to have extensive Project Management Office experience with limited exposure as a Project Manager.
* Support Project / Programme managers in planning, project control, resource loading, finance, and risk management.
* May provide facilitation for smaller project teams and provide support to control meetings. May lead chartering/planning sessions for smaller projects. May assist Project Managers with larger, more complex, chartering and/or planning sessions.
* Capture and analyse project information including schedule updates (e.g. critical path, resource histograms, costs). Work with project team members to resolve logic errors, help explain changes due to updates, and update plan(s) according to actions taken by the project team to resolve schedule problems.
* Create report packages for communicating project status to key stakeholders
* Provide sole project management support for a limited number of smaller projects
* Co-ordinate the GED testing requirements with the demand from the customers
* A four year college or university degree with a technical focus is preferred, but other relevant experience will be considered.
* Three to five years of job-related experience in project planning
* Must have strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills, strong meeting facilitation skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
* Will have solid project management office experience, delivering planning, resource, and financial support to experienced Project Managers.
* Must possess sound knowledge of project management software (MS Project required, Primavera highly desirable - preference will be given to candidates with operational experience in both MS Project and Primavera)
* Familiarity with MS Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools is expected. Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs).
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.