Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Programme Assurance Lead to join our client based in Guildford. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £55p/hr Ltd.
The Assurance Lead will support the Head of Programme Assurance UK in all aspects of bid and project quality assurance with the objective of minimising Intelligence (UK) programme risks and maintaining current ISO 9001 management system certification. They will support the Head of Programme Assurance UK in further improvements to the Intelligence (UK) assurance culture and will work closely with the wider Intelligence Operational Assurance and Airbus DS organisations to share best practices and alignments.
- Representation (as required) of Intelligence (UK) within the Airbus Defence and Space wider organisation with regard to meetings attendance and reporting;
- Supporting bids and projects on all matters of quality assurance;
- Working relationships with customers with regard to quality assurance matters;
- Programme quality performance and risk reporting;
- Supporting programme gate reviews as appropriate
- Project on-boarding and off-boarding / new starter inductions;
- Policy and process review, development and implementation;
- Supporting quality awareness programmes within the Intelligence (UK) business;
- Implementing the Quality Assurance tools and methodologies as appropriate in bids/projects (e.g. APQP, RCA, PPS, Q6, …)
- Supporting the maintenance of Airbus Defence and Space management systems and certifications;
- Quality incident coordination and investigation;
- Internal auditing and facilitation of external quality audits;
- Promoting, leading, fostering quality preventive mindset within Intelligence UK;
- Promoting programme quality initiatives and methodologies.
- A confident and articulate communicator, able to positively co-ordinate effectively at many levels, particularly with Customers;
- Ability to work independently and to raise concerns where appropriate;
- Clear ability to work effectively within a highly complex business;
- An understanding of ISO management system specifications;
- Some travel within the UK and overseas is required.
Task and Accountabilities
- Must develop a good understanding of Intelligence (UK) programmes in order to provide quality support or escalation where required.
- Must maintain an independent view of programmes - effectively being the voice of the customer.
- Develop and promote a strong positive relationship with Customers, Suppliers, Sales, Project Managers and Bid Managers.
- Ensure that programme quality risks are escalated where identified and mitigations tracked and issues escalated.
- Ensure quality incidents and customer complaints are managed, reported, investigated and assessed for route cause and impact, and corrective and preventative actions are taken and recorded.
Qualification and Experience
- Good IT communication and inter-personnel skills essential;
- A confident and articulate communicator able to positively co-ordinate effectively at many levels;
- Good standard of education;
- To be able to work independently;
- To work effectively within complex project teams (multi-site and trans-national);
- Relevant experience in programme quality assurance;
- Relevant experience of Quality Management Systems and associated ISO 9001 standard;
- Relevant audit experience (internal auditing and external audit facilitation) required.
- Ability to achieve SC clearance is a nice to have but not mandatory
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.