Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Program Manager to join our client based in Manchester, this is a contract role for an initial 12 months and has a pay rate of £35p/hr Ltd.
Overview of Program Manager
Industrial Power Systems Division is a global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts business supporting customers worldwide. The Aftermarket business is a dynamic, growing business and as a result there is an exciting opportunity to support part of the Sales and Marketing group as a Program Manager, contributing to the Division's business and long-term leadership position.
This role will report into the Strategy & Planning Manager and will be accountable for ensuring the successful execution of this Aftermarket business transformation program. The most significant delivery will be the SAP system deployment, which is vital to Aftermarket growth commitments.
This role will be responsible for leading the cross-functional program team, working closely with our ERP deployment partner organisation. The successful candidate will also own and manage the Master Control Plan for the Aftermarket business transformation project. This program will be active within several Aftermarket functions, including but not limited to: Supply Chain, Business Systems, Marketing, Pricing, Purchasing, Finance and Lifecycle Management. It will also involve enterprise functions such as Global Information Systems.
The role will also be responsible for the facilitation of planning workshops and regular reviews with work stream leaders. On-time delivery of program commitments is key, and this role will be responsible for implementing program metrics and managing associated progress reporting. Leadership of the Governance process will also be a key component of the role.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leading a cross-functional program team with work streams to deliver across the Aftermarket group and the wider enterprise
- Ensuring a robust project plan is in place and maintained accurately
- Microsoft Project Plan management and reporting
- Establishing programme metrics and Scorecard reporting
- Change Management - to be a Change Advocate and support project team & wider business
- Communication across multiple Caterpillar divisions including leading senior stakeholder reviews
- The role will be based in Irlam, Manchester but will typically require an average of 1 day a week with the team in Peterborough
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing significant ERP deployment programs across the breadth of organisations Including planning, budgeting and managing business readiness activities
- Experience of SAP implementation with in-depth knowledge of areas which need focus to ensure successful right first-time implementation, such as user acceptance testing
- Expert in use of project planning tools, with the ability to plan complex, multi-discipline activities
- Change management capability to define and provide the communication and training framework for the program and manage the change plan to maximise ROI
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present at all levels of the organisation
- Educated to a degree standard or equivalent experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.