Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to be part of a cutting edge programme.
The High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) "Zephyr" is a new, and state-of-the-art, solar powered ultra-lightweight CFRP Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) for use in both commercial and military applications.
A number of new roles are being created for Skilled Technicians inside the HAPS Operations team. The scope of this role is to manufacture to time, cost and quality the new HAPS Zephyr aircraft and associated Ground Support Equipment to fulfil the HAPS Global Business Case.
The Pay rate for this role is £152 p/day Ltd Rate and is based in Farnborough.
Tasks & Accountabilities of Production Technician:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Avionic and mechanical equipment installation, wiring and system integration of UAV's platforms
* Manufacture of avionic in-house components as required
* Maintain build records
* Health and Safety process adherence and reporting
* Self-certification of work completed
* Continuous Improvement of the production system
* Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action delivery
* Safe handling and protection of very fragile and flexible components
Essential Skills & Experience of Production Technician:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
* Hands-on multi-skilled practical avionic/electronic engineering technician
* Demonstrated knowledge of production/maintenance processes to high quality standards
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interpret requirements into finished products
* Demonstrated experience pro-actively solving technical problems
* Experience of hands-on production of avionic hardware and wiring installations
* Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
* Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks
* Conducting and recording of installation and system integration tests
* Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility for own task package
* Enjoy providing technical input and advice to design teams and peers on manufacturing procedures, issues and ideas for improvement
* Academic qualifications in an avionic/electronic engineering discipline
* Time served apprenticeship in avionic/electronic manufacture / installation / test
* Previous experience in Aerospace sector
* IT Skills appropriate for the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.