Sitec has a requirement for a Production Scheduler for our client within the aerospace industry. This is a contract position for an initial 12 months.
The role will be based in Stevenage, and the max rate of pay is up to £32.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Working within the Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) group, the Production Scheduler will support the team with the collation and processing of data for schedule updates (into and out of AIT).
The candidate will assist with creating production schedules for every project undertaken in AIT facilities, and illustrating the status and risks of those activities, as well as the resource constraints.
* Input into and maintain Production Schedules, with the assistance of the Production Control Manager
* Maintain the 'live' status of products in the AIT production flows with assistance of area team leaders and area managers
* Contribute to the data collection and assist with the weekly capacity reviews
* Optimise the factory resources
* Ensure that bottleneck resources and capacity constraints are recognised and addressed.
* Continually monitoring the planning database to insure reliable and realistic information is used for developing schedules.
* Carry out schedule analysis to maximise future workload with external divisions and the AIT Business Manager
* Issue documentation in accordance with the weekly reporting cycle (e.g. work to lists).
* Assist with the monitoring of drawing release activity and adherence to production schedules
* Continuous self development of the production scheduling tool and AIT processes, whilst networking with personnel throughout the AIT and Stevenage organisations
* Primavera P6 experience
* Able to work in high pressure environments
* Able to prioritise workload effectively
* Experience of operating an MRPI, MRPII, ERP or ideally SAP within a manufacturing environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, confident to communicate and able to assert influence in multifunctional environment
* Flexible, adaptable, able to apply a logical approach to problems and have an 'eye for detail'
* Must show knowledge of good logical planning characteristics and have an understanding of Gantt charts and their application
* 5+ years' experience in Manufacturing scheduling
* Good knowledge of working with BOMs
* Manufacturing systems degree or other relevant qualification.
Education & Training
* Degree educated. The candidate will need to have a good level of education in Math's, English & Science
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.