Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
* Production Planning with engineering background.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
* MRP experience desirable - not essential training provided.
* Ability to constrict shop floor route cards / work orders for manufacture.
* Problem solving
* Able to work on multiple projects at same time
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment (machine shop experience would be ideal)
* Balancing demand and supply within Operational Delivery Units by coordinating and de-conflicting demand and capability.
* Translate the Master Production Schedule/Supplemental Schedule requirements into detailed plans with daily granularity ensuring effective and efficient delivery.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and to be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Creation and maintenance of Rough Cut Capacity Planning models.
* To detail plan methods of manufacture in response to tasking requirements with full regard to time, cost and quality.
* Ensure local MRP system is updated and accurate.
* Proactively tackles blocks and barriers to progress
* Ensuring that customer requirements are planned and released to Manufacturing and Operational activities within the timescales required.
* Provide manufacturing cost estimates and challenge operation times.
* Demonstrate and use 'Lean Planning' techniques and 'Production Control' processes such as visual management, Kanban and Push/Pull in the operational/ manufacturing areas.
* Responds positively to the needs of internal and external customers.
* Attend Visual Management board meetings ensuring all actions are being addressed.
* Liaises with Delivery Units for clarification and coordination of balanced and de-conflicted demands and plans.
* Support the creation and maintenance of Basis of Estimate with Production costs and schedules.
* Ensure all planned requirements are aligned within the Master Production
Schedule/Supplementary Schedule and loaded into the local MRP system (where used).
* Liaises with other functions within the technology centres for clarification and coordination of balanced and de-conflicted production demands and plans.
* Updating and reporting on Key Performance indicators as required.
* Promote and sponsor operational excellence and drive all actions aimed at continuous process improvement.
* Works effectively with others and building required relationships and interfaces to support delivery of the Programme.
* Provide a diverse and inclusive working environment that allows individuals to flourish and realise their potential.
* Work with others to form high performing teams.
* Adopt a 'See It, Own It, Solve It' mind-set, by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems.
* Inter-personal skills in driving sustained and high performance in successful delivery of the programme with ability to influence others
* Excellent time-keeping.
* Plans and organises
* An understanding, appreciation, or willingness to learn:
* ERP / MRP2 systems.
* MS Office (Excel / Word / Outlook / PowerPoint / Project)
* Inventory control processes
* Experience of working in operational environment, production, and or supply chain functions
* Any relevant Manufacturing or Planning professional qualification. (Beneficial)
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.