Sitec are actively recruiting for a Production Operative for our client based in Radstock, Somerset. This is a Permanent position, although temp to perm will be considered. Salary will be subject to experience.
Our client are looking for an experienced electronics-based technician to join their small team. This is a hands on role assembling a range of inspection industry products to a high standard. Our Clients customers come from the industrial, security, military and nuclear industries and they operate to ISO9001:2015 standards.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with our engineering department on the transfer of new designs to production.
Production Operative Role and Responsibilities
* Assembly of electronic, mechanical, electrical components and assemblies and finished products.
* Cable-form manufacture / termination.
* Functional Test of Equipment in accordance with relevant test documentation
* Fault finding and diagnostics for service and repairs
* Ability to hand solder (Surface Mount / Through Hole)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the successful candidate for the Production Operative role will also be involved with new product development and prototype build of new designs.
* 3 years + Electronics / Electrical Assembly
* Training will be given where necessary.
* Have preferably worked under a quality management system (i.e. ISO 9001:2015)
* Be competent of soldering through hole components and be able to solder most SMT components HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic discipline
* Have knowledge of IPC610 and IPC 620 standards
* Have good communication skills, a good knowledge of PCs & have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Working hours will be 9 - 5 with some flexibility
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.