Sitec have an exciting opportunity for a Composites Production Engineer for our client Marshall Aerospace in KirkbyMoorside in North Yorkshire. This vacancy will suit a candidate seeking either a Permanent Staff or a Contract role.
The salary (permanent staff) or hourly rate (contract) is negotiable depending on experience.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is the United Kingdom's leading independent Aerospace Company and are renowned and respected worldwide for its quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
The Production Engineering Department are looking for a Senior Production Engineer with extensive composites experience to work from the Kirkbymoorside facility in North Yorkshire.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge of production principles for composite materials as well as manufacturing processes in order to deliver technical solutions on a number of projects within various industry sectors.
As a Senior Production Engineer, the candidate will have proven experience of leading a team and delivering projects to a successful completion.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
* Perform as a team member of the Production Engineering department and integrated project team at Kirkbymoorside
* Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers to ensure correct materials for tooling, covering support fixtures and craft related jigs in support of parts manufacture.
* Ensure a structured handover from Production Engineers into manufacturing.
* Manage a small team of Production Engineers on a day to day basis providing support, direction and clear objectives
* Comply with the BMS (Business Management System) & LCM (Lifecycle management) processes
* Have knowledge of Composite materials and processes
* Ensure correct booking to cost/budget system
* Monitor and report Production Engineers work against budget and schedule requirements
* Review concept and detailed design solutions, recommend production and manufacturing easements to reduce cost, simplify processes or reduce lead-time
* Contribute to own Continuous Personal Development plan
The successful applicants will form part of an exciting department which covers a diverse range of activities to help shape the success of the organisation and its objectives.
Marshall ADG are the UK's largest independent aerospace and defence company, delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services.
Currently employing over 2000 people they are widely regarded as an 'employer of choice' and for the permanent position, offer an exceptional all round employment opportunity and package to include a wide range of benefits.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.