Sitec are pleased to be offering the role of Production Controller. This is a 12 month contract and has a pay rate of £19ph Ltd. The role is located in Stevenage.
Responsible for the control of business unit/customer orders. This is achieved by efficient management and expedition of procured and manufactured items, as well as solely controlling the flow of work required to meet the delivery of a product to cost and schedule. Using SAP and P6
* Load Customer Order demand into production and manage Work Order in SAP
* Ensure kits/works orders are released to AIT on time and expedite them to meet the planned delivery dates.
* Input into and maintain Production Schedules.
* Maintain the 'live' status of products in the AIT production flows with assistance of area team leaders and area managers
* Support the manufacturing area manager with work centre forecasts from the company stock control/forecasting tool. Give visibility to the Production & Manufacturing Managers at the weekly operations reviews.
* Regularly create and review the status of works orders in their 'product' remit.
* Manage material supply issues to avoid potential delivery slippages.
* Timely release of purchase requisitions.
* Ensure full traceability for all products issued to manufacturing.
* Monitor drawing release activity and adherence to production schedules. Report any delay, investigate impact/recovery and ensure project are charged for respective changes to schedule/effort.
* Input and maintain production data required by the company stock control tool.
* Effectively report status of product to core project and manufacturing teams.
* Analyse and report potential impacts derived from the 'Shortage Risk Reports'.
* Propose solutions in the event of shortages.
* Identify schedule recovery opportunities from changing production work flow.
* Investigate customer orders on receipt and notify project management to any non-conformance i.e. requirement outside of nominal SAP lead-time/ direct charges budget etc.
* Manage the transfer of materials to satisfy project/company demand, paying particular attention to ITAR/IPR & EEE items.
* Fully support shipments from AIT in accordance with LDS.0096.
* Advise on kit issues/anomalies with the shop floor and ensure kits have been picked as identified on the 'kit shortage report'.
* Continuous self-development of the production scheduling tool and AIT processes, whilst networking with personnel throughout the AIT and Stevenage organisations
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.